Road tax

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
philz
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150

I've regd my 63 lam my as historic and got all confirmation back and a reg number. Do I still need to apply for tax or is it done when regd?
Thanks.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

On the v55/5 it asks you to tax it but as you've got a historic vehicle it is zero pounds. So no, you don't need to.

I'm just about to send mine away for my registration number but I'm wondering whether I need to include a covering letter, whatever that means. Did you do one?
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

You still need to apply for road tax annually whether it is payment free or not, I have just re-newed my tractor which is an historic vehicle and therefore free. The DVLA will send you a re-newal form annually.
coaster

Tractorman wrote:You still need to apply for road tax annually whether it is payment free or not, I have just re-newed my tractor which is an historic vehicle and therefore free. The DVLA will send you a re-newal form annually.
Same here, the reminder for mine came last week and you will also need to inform them if you take it off the road as it will still need to be recorded as SORN on the National Database.
Arch_Stanton

Just swapped my SX over to historic vehicle tax from standard as it was due, was expecting all kinds of problems now the local VRO offices are shut. Local post office didn't want to know, (don't think they understood the concept of doing something for which no money was going in their till). Went to larger Crown Post Office, not a problem, tax class changed and they sent the V5 off to Swansea, I even had the cc changed back to 200 from 150, (the things we did to save a few quid in the 80's :o )
wurzel
Main scooter: TV 175 / JET 200

Aye, if you put the scooter on the road without applying for the tax even though it's free the DVLA will class you
as using the vehicle without tax and fine you and as previously said if you let the insurance lapse and take it off the
road you have to SORN it or you'll get fined as well also if you buy a vehicle with historic tax it can't be transferred
it's got to be re-applied for.
If you google " check road tax" you will be able to put your reg number and scooter make in and it will tell you if it's
been taxed when you applied
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

As said all scooters require taxing whether it's free or not...
philz
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150

Thanks it looks like a trip to the post office for me. Hendy I sent a covering letter to explain I required an age related plate and it is type approval exempt. I don't think it was really required to be honest all returned In 3 days.

Edit. Just checked my paperwork from DVLA again and the confirmation letter states it is taxed, it also shows as
historic £0.00 on my payment receipt. I think this must be due to it being the first reg and no payment required.
Thanks for your replies.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information