Price of parts in UK

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Evesy
Main scooter: Jet 200 with Imola 186

I was looking at upgrading my front dampers on my lammy. Decided on a pair od BGM adjustable ones. I researched on the net and the cheapest I found in the UK was £182 plus £8.50 postage. I went onto Scooter Centre in Germany and it was £147.00 all in. The postage was only 5 euros. Ive ordered bits from there before and never had any problems. The same happened when I wanted to bling up my rear can on my exhaust. One shop in the UK it was priced at over £200 but I got it from Germany for £79.99. Are we being ripped off here for certain things or is there something I am not aware of as to why there can be such a difference in the prices. :?: :?: :?:
ArmandTanzarian

International finance. The Euro has dropped in value a lot recently.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

Welcome to "Rip Off Britain............"
Scootering since 1968.
barnsleybilly
Main scooter: Li200

ArmandTanzarian wrote:International finance. The Euro has dropped in value a lot recently.
At last a good reason to be in the EU!
ArmandTanzarian

barnsleybilly wrote:
ArmandTanzarian wrote:International finance. The Euro has dropped in value a lot recently.
There are plenty of economic reasons to be in the EU. Its the political reasons to be in that are harder to find.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
barnsleybilly
Main scooter: Li200

ArmandTanzarian wrote:
barnsleybilly wrote:
There are plenty of economic reasons to be in the EU. Its the political reasons to be in that are harder to find.
I think your spot on there
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Definetly the exchange rates,I used to buy Harley parts direct from the US when it was nearly 2 dollars to the pound..very cheap bits..... 8-)
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Maybe there are plenty of economic reasons to be in the EU,but the euro definitely isn't one.Surely the reason why it's cheaper to buy from a European country that uses the euro is because we buy in pounds.The euro has lost a lot of value against the pound,thats why its cheaper.
eden
Dealer

HxPaul wrote:Maybe there are plenty of economic reasons to be in the EU,but the euro definitely isn't one.Surely the reason why it's cheaper to buy from a European country that uses the euro is because we buy in pounds.The euro has lost a lot of value against the pound,thats why its cheaper.
:D exactly what I was thinking as I read those posts
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

HxPaul wrote:Maybe there are plenty of economic reasons to be in the EU,but the euro definitely isn't one.Surely the reason why it's cheaper to buy from a European country that uses the euro is because we buy in pounds.The euro has lost a lot of value against the pound,thats why its cheaper.
I believe that has already been stated...... ;)
Did you have to do that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information