Motorcycles

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Ha ha mean modded
Jazzy

That's because they remind us of what we really are.

Lifted from Nicleback.
ArmandTanzarian

I'd definitely agree with the comments about the excitement of scooter at 70 vs a bike at way over a hundred. My Triumph would go much faster than I'd ever attempt on the road and it bored the pants off me. Thrashing the life out of a scooter at half the speed is much more fun.

(I still fancy a Moto Guzzi V7 or a Ducati Hypermotard though)
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
warts
Main scooter: honda

Riding a slow bike fast is more fun than a fast bike slow.
Eg. my old '37 BSA sidevalve, rigid rear and girder forks. 50mph max, too long though and it would seize, cruise at 42/44. Best fun ever on a bike.
Needed cosy workshop time often.

Sound familiar?
davet

Ditto the cozy worship. I started out at sixteen fettling my primmy in the back yard. Quickly moved to a tarpaulin over the washing line to fix the Lammy and have eventually progressed to a nice warm garage with toys. At one point I had a super stock spec 600 for track days and a Honda runaway chicken chaser which I rode down to the scooter club in my race leathers. It was that slow it used to p155 off milk float drivers but it was mega fun hitting 26 mph on the straights.

All of the above bikes show our tastes are as diverse as our tastes for scooters. I've always liked the 500 two strokes, very tasty.
GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

Yes, I have a 1996 Aprilia RS250. It's entirely standard with the exception of a set of Arrow pipes and wavy disc brakes. I love it. It's quick, fast enough (140 mph) and nimble. And it's 2 stroke, of course, a requirement for any bike that I own. But, it's been in storage in Ireland for the last 5 years and since then I've only ridden my Lambrettas, both TS1's. It's a toss up as to which is more fun, but I love my Lambrettas, as primitive as they are, more.

I'll be making a trip over to Eire this year to collect my bike and bring it back with me, though the only roads worth riding it on are where I am are in the southern mountains.
shep
Main scooter: li125 ser3

double h wrote:
shep wrote:Here's mine............

Very nice bike, has that t25 got anything to do with you?
Yep, that's mine as well.
double h
Main scooter: SIL GP 200

shep wrote:
double h wrote:
shep wrote:Here's mine............

Very nice bike, has that t25 got anything to do with you?
Yep, that's mine as well.
Nice, I've a 1993 T4 Caravelle daily driver, ZRX 1200.Will catch up to you someday in the future :D
double h

LI150 wrote:Some awesome bikes on show.

Funny how we drool over bikes and frown upon nodded scoots
Don't think its funny at all. Personally I like scooters and bikes. I think scooterists and bikers have more in common than scooterists and mods. I don't like seeing a scooter covered in lights and mirrors because imo it looks totally shite and spoils a good scooter. On the other hand if someone has a scooter and into the mod thing its their bike to do what they want with so I don't care, its up to them.Horses for courses. ;)
double h

hendy wrote:I ride a triumph tiger 1050 and it's the best road bike I've ever had.

I prefer it in the same ways as you to my lambretta, but for reasons I can't explain i don't love it like I love my lambretta.

I've had a lot more bikes than scooters over the years and the only ones that have ever given me the horn were the slow, ill-handling, badly-braked, unreliable ones with 10" wheels!
You have got it in one. I have been using the Lambretta to get to work and every ride is a blast. I have sold my Blackbird and the zrx may follow as the Lambretta gives me the horn. The only thing with the Lambretta is its high maintenance. Just replaced the rear rim with a tubeless item only to discover there is a wobble on the rear hub=more money. I love it though and for all the problems that need sorted out its a good ride ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information