New skid lid time...

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Muttley McLadd

vRSG60 wrote: And Arai don't fit sun visors in any of their helmets because they feel it compromises the structure of the helmet.
Sounds reasonable. They do supply black visors. And orange ones, for if you ride all year round.
CakeAndArseParty
ArmandTanzarian

Muttley McLadd wrote:
vRSG60 wrote: And Arai don't fit sun visors in any of their helmets because they feel it compromises the structure of the helmet.
Sounds reasonable. They do supply black visors. And orange ones, for if you ride all year round.
Not designed for riding in the UK then. Its sunny, no its cloudy, sunny, is that rain? sunny, blimey its hot, cloudy, p1551ing hard..... And that's within the first mile.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
afandy

ArmandTanzarian wrote:
Muttley McLadd wrote:
Not designed for riding in the UK then. Its sunny, no its cloudy, sunny, is that rain? sunny, blimey its hot, cloudy, p1551ing hard..... And that's within the first mile.
Bought myself a black visor as an option when I bought my helmet....never been out of the packing, I felt it was a bit unsafe and a pain to keep changing..Arai and a couple of other manufacturers are bringing out reactor lite visors ....which I'd rather have ...won't be cheap..mind?
Muttley McLadd

How are they unsafe?
CakeAndArseParty
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

I have an LS2 with double visor. Great helmet and nice to ride with the outer visor up and the inner darkened half visor down. Comfortable, not noisy and nice straps.
afandy

Muttley McLadd wrote:How are they unsafe?
If you have a dark visor on ....and it gets dark outside .....visibility goes down big time?....I don't know anyone that carries a spare visor with them?
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Full face, absolutely no argument....
Muttley McLadd

afandy wrote:
Muttley McLadd wrote:How are they unsafe?
If you have a dark visor on ....and it gets dark outside .....visibility goes down big time?....I don't know anyone that carries a spare visor with them?
You do now..
CakeAndArseParty
Yanker

Looked my current lid http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/testsratings ... -diversion up. But the Sharp site states 'NB. Details provided by the manufacturer' :? Perhaps still witing to be independently tested, if it is still in production that is?
Architecten
Main scooter: Allwyn Pushpak GP125 (RT200)

I've got a Nitro n-psi. It has a double visor and a pump system that makes it a good snug fit. It has a 4 star rating and cost me £110. It also has a demister. Ticks all your boxes???

http://www.nitrorider.com/Helmets_Full% ... OX8yyg7GaA

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/testsratings/nitro-n-psi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information