Ron Moss`s original Supertune racer ?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
TS1-200

There has been a bit of a ding dong on Facebook regarding an SX200 which purports to be Ron Moss`s original Supertune racer, which is currently up for sale for 10k. does anybody know the whereabouts or history of this SX. and if indeed it is the same scoot.
http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full ... 8486220512
http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full ... 0592437460

For some reason all of a sudden I can`t download photo`s to this site hence the URL
Keep on keepin on
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Ask Ron.
TS1-200

I might do, although I don`t want to get involved, just interested thats all.
Keep on keepin on
Jazzy

Looks Luke it.

It was well documented at the time of it being sold.
Think there was also an article in scootering.

Sure Ron will comment soon.
lovely bike. Btw, I had the offer to ride it before the sale , but couldn't trust myself :lol:
Juan

Has anyone got pictures as all I'm getting is frontpage shite.

Suppose it'll depend on how flush the collectors are and if they think it's worth it.They're welcome to it.
Jazzy

To be honest, In my opinion it's very reasonably priced for a bike with its provenance.

I have no connection to the seller.
TS1-200

Thing is, at the moment there doesn`t seem to be any provenance as such, I think its just me being over cautious when an SX200 is for sale at £10k,
Keep on keepin on
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

A decent condition SX will usually go for around £5-6k (basket case example on fleabay ) . Inflated I know, but people have been asking silly prices like that for ones with less alleged historical significance (and probably some faked up specials as well). Scooters with history are starting to achieve the same sort of collectibility as some of the rarer Northern records, if someone has to have it in their collection and they have the money then that sort of price is achievable.

Be interested to see pics and hear what Ron has to say, which FB group is this on?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
sharkman

Just googled it and it shows up on Bonhams website owned and restored by Ron himself auctioned off back in 2009 so if it's the same one that's the providence sorted and looking at it if money was no issue I probably would but I already have a long list of stuff for when money is not an issue lol
davla

Which Facebook page is it on?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information