Dave Webster

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
wlightning

To anyone who knows Dave, as you may know he has cancer and I thought you may like to no how he is. I went over to the IOM this weekend to see him with his two son's.
He was glad to see us all, he was in the hospice, but he should be going home on Tuesday. He was in a jolly mood and still telling all his tales (how many times now Lol).
On Sunday we took him out for the day with his wife Lynne, and he had a great time with his two son's. It saddens me to see a friend of 35 years in this condition as I am sure a lot of you
will know. I will keep you updated if I hear of any changes.

Regards

Carl.
shocky

Saddened to here this I was on the track in the 80, s and dave was a fantastic rider thoughts to him and his family
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Sad news
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Sad news indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Yanker

Jeez, said hi at Caddy in September did not realise the big stalker had got to him. Hero of mine. Saddened. Heres how I remember him, chin up: :|

Trojan
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA INNOCENTI

Very sad to hear about dave and his illness, he has inspired many of us in the 80s with his technical knowledge my thoughts to him and his family and prayers for strength in the fight against this illness...... 8-)
philz
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150

Jeez such a nice guy Remember him from 80's racing scene. Hope he fights this one and beats it. A true scootering legend and inspirational.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

I knew Dave in the 70's and had the greatest respect for him both as a person and competitor.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

so sorry to hear this ,he was to me an idol in the scootering world and always will be ..really hopes he beats this illness .
i cannot ever claim to be one of his friends but i did have many chats with him over a period of a few years ..mostly at the 3 sisters race track in the late 80,s
he is a top bloke ,always was polite/helpfull and had the time to answer all my silly questions during pit stops lol.
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Awful news. Hope he's comfortable and gives it a bloody good fight.

I can't really claim to have raced him though we shared the same track in the 80s, and his book was one of many I read cover to cover many times.

It was good to see him at Donington a few years back, and he was as honest, funny and mischievous as ever.

Give him my best Carl.
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information