SIP

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

ktmh5 wrote:Well I have now got the parcel after 8 days. Had to use my lunch break to drive 8 miles in bad weather to pick up from a little corner shop in the centre of Wakefield with no free parking. :twisted:

Rich'
Was the right bits in the box ?? :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Tell them by phone to resend your order by DHL and let them chase UPS. I've had parts from them several times and DHL delivered in 2 days, UPS about a fortnight.
goldeneye

your bad experience with a courier has no comedy value whatsoever. try better next time. :lol:
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

Last bits I got from that Corrado fella came next day and I picked them up from the filling station just up the road ;)

...and yes Toddy the parts were correct but in a 15" box when a 5" one would have done lol.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

ktmh5

Ha ha, just been asked via e-mail for a SIP review and naturally it wasn't too complimentary. Within no time at all I received an e-mail from SIP asking me to review my review as none of it was their fault. I went back to the review site to find that my review had been reported and removed. Never slagged them, wasn't defamatory, just a negative review. What's the point of reviews if they take the bad ones off FFS......................NEVER AGAIN!!!

Rich'
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

That's not good. I'm surprised really. The modern way is for companies to use problems to show how brilliant they are at sorting them out, not trying to expunge all traces of failure. They really should have seen this as an opportunity to gain a loyal customer by doing all they could to help.
essexgp
Main scooter: Indian Gp200 Indian Gp Cutdown

ktmh5 wrote:Ha ha, just been asked via e-mail for a SIP review and naturally it wasn't too complimentary. Within no time at all I received an e-mail from SIP asking me to review my review as none of it was their fault. I went back to the review site to find that my review had been reported and removed. Never slagged them, wasn't defamatory, just a negative review. What's the point of reviews if they take the bad ones off FFS......................NEVER AGAIN!!!

Rich'
You paid SIP for the postage and it was they who decided to use UPS to deliver it so at the end of the day its their responsibity so take your money elsewhere next time if thats their attitude to problems :(
diesel
Playstation gamer tag: speilekorps
Main scooter: lambretta li 150 s1 1958

Seven days between the order being placed and a delivery being attempted is hardly the sort of delay that would warrant a cancellation and re-issue. What would you imagine SIP could have done to rectify the situation within that time frame. At what point would it have been a better option to resend the item? four days without receipt or five? you would still have to have waited another few days to get it. If you could find the small print there are more than likely clauses that say allow for far longer than seven days for delivery.
ktmh5

diesel wrote:Seven days between the order being placed and a delivery being attempted is hardly the sort of delay that would warrant a cancellation and re-issue. What would you imagine SIP could have done to rectify the situation within that time frame. At what point would it have been a better option to resend the item? four days without receipt or five? you would still have to have waited another few days to get it. If you could find the small print there are more than likely clauses that say allow for far longer than seven days for delivery.
I have actually said that most of the problems were down to UPS and their archaic tracking system. I wanted tracking where I could judge delivery and be home when it came as my job is flexible enough to do that. Because of their inadequacies I missed the delivery and it was taken to a corner shop 8 miles away. On the card left there was no option for re-delivery just go get it yourself and that's not what I paid for.

As for SIP, I feel it's their responsibility who they choose to use as a courier and that they should monitor a customers concerns and not just fob them off with, "it's not our problem" and so it was their attitude that I was unhappy with and that's what I said in my review. The delivery time wouldn't have been too bad if I hadn't had to got collect.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information