Classic Lambretta

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
andychain

Please dont lock this topic as there are interested people.

After many many months trying to contact the guy he actually rang me about 10 minutes ago.

It may be a little more complicated as Classic went bump in Oct 2013 and he went into voluntary
personally in Dec 2013 but then I am no accountant.

I found it strange that as a creditor I had not been contacted by any receiver and made this point.

I also made the point that the debts went back to 2012.

I MAKE THE POINT THAT I AM NOT SLAGGING THE GUY OFF but I am told he has saitisfied most
folks he owed money to even to building scooters with his own money.

I still dont have a phone number as it was witheld but it may help put the record straight. As
another guy said on the forum ti is not the amount that matters.

Andy
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Are you still owed though?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
andychain

Its only 2 or 300.
The guy sounds genuine and at least had the balls to ring me.

However I am interested if what he has told me is on the level hence the post.

Andy
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

IF this is the company, then it is in liquidation:-

http://www.companieslist.co.uk/06218410 ... as-limited

That being the case as it is a LIMITED Company, then the Director has no legal obligation to do anything as the Company is a seperate legal entity.

Its a matter for the liquidator who now has control over all the Companies assets.
Scootering since 1968.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

bristolmod wrote:IF this is the company, then it is in liquidation:-

http://www.companieslist.co.uk/06218410 ... as-limited

That being the case as it is a LIMITED Company, then the Director has no legal obligation to do anything as the Company is a seperate legal entity.

Its a matter for the liquidator who now has control over all the Companies assets.
And if he hasn't named you as a creditor, you'll not hear from them. Not that you should worry, creditors only usually get back pennies in each pound if they are lucky.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
newmanlammy
Dealer
Main scooter: Animal worldwide freeride

Not that I know anything about these matters but if the company is in liquidation and the receivers have taken his assets how come he has kept all his stock, last I heard he was set up again with all his stock building bikes again.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

newmanlammy wrote:Not that I know anything about these matters but if the company is in liquidation and the receivers have taken his assets how come he has kept all his stock, last I heard he was set up again with all his stock building bikes again.
They usually put the old stock from the f@@ked company into the new company, before they pop the old one. Then all the creditors get f@@k all and the owner carries on trading.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
jazzyb

newmanlammy wrote:Not that I know anything about these matters but if the company is in liquidation and the receivers have taken his assets how come he has kept all his stock, last I heard he was set up again with all his stock building bikes again.
Hi Keith been told the same running from a unit in Eastwood ?
ducksta

so dont use him simple
live life your a long time dead
servetapaul

As I understand it a liquidator can auction the stock and sometimes it can be bought by new business at a fraction of the new cost especially if it's done out of the area and you keep it quiet so no competitors can out bid you.
I am not bound to please thee with my answers - William Shakespeare
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information