nova???

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
depechediki
Main scooter: gp ts1225

I've had a GP 150 frame for about 20 years but have never got around to registering it,I do not have a number plate for it and have just sent the frame rubbing off to LCGB for an authentication letter.The guy I got it off is now dead so I have no idea how long its been in the country.
Does anyone know what happens regarding the NOVA? Do I need one? etc...
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

There's an interesting thread about this on t'other side. From what I can make out the computer system is particularly stupid and anything registered with it has to fall within the date that Nova started. So basically you have to fib. I would have thought it was easier with a frame, where you could realistically pick it up anytime and with no provenance.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Yep, check out the other thread. Plead and explain as I might, I've only ever run into the 'computer says no' response.

Best of luck.

Adam
sydduckett

I just registered an Indian series 2 api, got dating cert of 1980 from Lcgb. You will have to complete the form from HMRC first to decide if there is any duty to be paid. Like you I had no paperwork and as it was just the frame I said it was worth £150' they charged me £15. once they received the money they updated the Nova database and I then had to register the scooter with the DVLA. They send a pack out explaining it all, it's quite easy as only about a 3rd of the questions apply to scooters. you then have to send copies of

Driving licence
Bill with your name and address
MOT certificate (you get the mot done on the frame number)
Ins cover note (again done on frame number)
LCGB dating cert

Cheque for £55 for registration and one for £17 for first years tax. Once they have this they will send you log book and reg number. I didn't bother doing it online because of all the nightmares. Forms and post were easiest for me.
Doom Patrol

Presumably the first years tax was because it wasn't classed as an historic vehicle and the £15.00 vat because it was from outside the EU?
depechediki
Main scooter: gp ts1225

thanks for the replies,read the thread on the other forum then just filled in the form online and received a message from them asking for more information,with a phone number to call,but closed on Sundays.Bit of lying involved to complete the form,not sure what they need now but will keep you posted...
Doom Patrol

http://fbhvc.co.uk/about-us/news/_artic ... r-to-nova/

Just found this actually. Don't know if it's any help.
weeks

I found the on-line service a bit of a pain when I used it last year sometime .............. I ended up phoning and requesting a hand written form to be sent out.

Filled this in and the procedure was pretty painless ............. 3/4 weeks later all sorted.

Personally I found the more detail you gave the harder the procedure became and although I was telling the truth about the scooter I was applying for (ie id owned it for many years) the story did really seem very unlikely :? ............ But it ended well.

Good luck
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

weeks wrote:I found the on-line service a bit of a pain when I used it last year sometime .............. I ended up phoning and requesting a hand written form to be sent out.

Filled this in and the procedure was pretty painless ............. 3/4 weeks later all sorted.

Personally I found the more detail you gave the harder the procedure became and although I was telling the truth about the scooter I was applying for (ie id owned it for many years) the story did really seem very unlikely :? ............ But it ended well.

Good luck
I found the same issue when doing it "properly" - it soon became a major pain on the arse. Being creative is much simpler in the end.
Did you have to do that?
Micky Tapp
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

I've just bought an Italian import, 1960, series 2Li 150 and I have been told the process is:

Nova, HMRC, within 14 days, by paper as its easier
Date cert from LCG, to enable app for Historic reg, from DVLA
MOT (before next step)
DVLA; reg bike and supply age related reg number

I am at step 1/2
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information