SCOOTER AND ENGINE STOLEN! PLEASE HELP!

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
jamjo
Main scooter: gp 150/ 225

Dirty scum , they need to be found and pay for the misery they cause . And a bloody good battering .
Will try and post this on FB
James
ArmandTanzarian

Is it just that we hear about this a lot more now or are scooter thefts getting more common?

The worst thing is that this wasn't some random chav teenager or smack head. A Super Monza is not exactly common is it and they ignored everything else.

Hopefully they'll be found and punished accordingly (and whatever is left of them afterwards, handed to the police)
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

can you post engine and frame numbers- The LI is probably stripped by now anyway.

Without doubt this is a person/ persons possibly known to you and is most definately "in the scene"- as you state they knew what they wanted.

When they are caught they need to be named and shamed- there is no place for "understanding" or making allowances for thieves in scootering. We need to adopt a "Zero Tolerance" for these scum- one theft and you are out.

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
nelson pk

Thanks for the support guys, it really does help.

Yes, I think they must be known to me. Just woke up this morning and reality hit. I was so angry last night I could not sleep until 3.30am, now I am just sad and disappointed.

Thank you for your comments and help everyone, it really does help to know there are still decent people out there.
nelson pk

Please post on facebook as many times as you can and thanks to all who have done! I will be sharing frame and engine numbers shortly.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

We shouldn't assume that they are in the scene. I know it's not correct to say so, but I was once approached by some pikey kids who knew all about my scooter. Possibly quite innocent, but it made me think.
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

Im sorry to here your news Nelson PK.
On the other hand they only steal as they know they can move them on. We all love a bargain look at any parts fair and you will see stuff that is too good to be true, perfect panels with a coat of prima etc. If you ar looking for a gearbox or whatever all you ask is the price. Ebay is another story again. The guy who the other day was thinking of buying a cheap SX with no frame numbers seemed to think something was iffy. if thats the case and you see something similar call it in to the Police. If its all above board then let them explain it to them. Pictures of the complete bike and frame engine numbers at least makes them grind numbers off. That alone should make them worthless if I had my way. They should be checked on every MOT and a visit from plod would soon stop these ringers. we have to move on from the "it was a way of getting round paying road tax or riding on an L plate in the 60's.
Yes I know the pain I lost my own pride and joy never to be seen again.
Good Luck
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

The scooterists who attend rallies and the like are an incredibly honest lot. Over the couple of years I have been back I have never 'lost' anything whereas I took my tractor to the Newark Classic Tractor Show in November and some destitute soul found it necessary to nick a £2.50 plastic tow ball cover.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Hope you find it soon, a pic of your mates scooter would be helpfull.
jamjo
Main scooter: gp 150/ 225

Pete , I have posted on my FB and lots of people are sharing the status . Anymore info and we can add it . Hope you get it all back and they get there just deserts . Also when found name and shame them for all to see
James
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information