Pj Oakley lambretta

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
jeck

Took my lawnmower for a winter service today (gatehouse south west scotland) and got chatting to the owner Paul chambers . Turns out he used to be a mechanic and racer at lambretta dealer pj Oakley back in the mid to late sixties .
He was telling me about when they hired silverstone race track to race test a dealer special and when they went to Italy to race for gb .
he's not been on a lambretta for about forty years ,so going take mine down for him to have a quick blast .

Jeck
shocky

Great post keep us informed
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

jeck wrote:Took my lawnmower for a winter service today (gatehouse south west scotland) and got chatting to the owner Paul chambers . Turns out he used to be a mechanic and racer at lambretta dealer pj Oakley back in the mid to late sixties .
He was telling me about when they hired silverstone race track to race test a dealer special and when they went to Italy to race for gb .
he's not been on a lambretta for about forty years ,so going take mine down for him to have a quick blast .

Jeck
#Great story Jeck , make sure he doesnt ride it like Baz ;)
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

I used to go to Oakleys for parts now and again great shop and Paul was always friendly and helpful. I bet your mower goes faster next year!
OAP
Dealer

I have not seen Paul since '69 / 70, he had a near fatal accident in the Tour of Britain in 1968. Please give him my regards Ron
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I'd get in touch with Sticky or Andy G. I'm sure Scootering Mag would be interested in doing a feature.
whonatic

I thought that..... Didn't speak to Andy or Sticky.. But sensed some reluctance
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

My local small independent hardware shop owner was well into Athur Francis scooters in the 60's being 10 miles away...you get a more interesting chat than at B&Q..... :lol:
Lammy Guy in Aus

Used to be my local scooter dealer in the day. Was also a member of Leicester Scooter Sporting Club with me.
Great guy with wealth of knowledge.KTF
jeck

Went to pick up my lawnmower today and spoke to Paul again about the old days racing and tuning and was well chuffed that due to my original post Ron Moss had got in touch with him after 40 odd years .

Can the two guys that PM me before about getting in contact with Paul regarding PJ Oakley dealer specials PM me again so i can pass on his details..

Jeck
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information