BSG corse 305cc/ casa lambretta / rimini

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
ArmandTanzarian

immylam wrote:picked up the crank , it was heavier than the casing.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
wayne cudine
Main scooter: Lambretta Lis150 Eibar series2

Loved the size of the webs on that crank, looks and feels top drawer, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. As an aside I was informed at that stand that the 5 speed box is only self destructive on race scoots and not on road scoots. Hope so as hope to get one soon(ish). As for the crank I would think those webs should reduce the occurance of twisting . Could a grown up confirm or debunk my ideas please?

Cue
hungdog

[quote="Knowledge"][quote="hungdog"]Speaking to Dean from rimini and he said it will come as a complete engine ready to bolt in.... 305 cylinder/misano casing/crank with the massive webs/cyclone 5 supreme/8 or 10 plate clutch/exhaust/carb etc:[/quote]

This is the BSG casing; nothing to do with Misano.[/quote]
Yep BSG corse not misano, have edited it :oops:
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Knowledge wrote: Even Stuart Day said it was a beast and was shaking when he got off the Vespa version after just a couple of hundred yards.
I sprinted an old Rally 200 yrs ago with a tadge under 30hp and a massive spread of torque and that was fun keeping the front end down! God knows what this will be like...lol!!!
stokky

my engine runs with bigger and wider webs (came from Tino, and possibly as in Misano)
64ml stroke and 5ml wider webs (black in colour as had it hardened)
next to standard 58ml crank

Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Good photos.

In response to Wayne's question above, the wide webs to help to prevent the crank from twisting by offering the pin more friction on each web.
Martin
wayne cudine
Main scooter: Lambretta Lis150 Eibar series2

Thanks for confirming my thoughts on the crank Martin. It's nice to be right sometimes. :D
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Ah, I thought your question was .... is it true that 5 speed boxes only self destruct on race engines and not road engines? if not I'll ask it.
sydduckett

The casing excepts all standard lammy parts, clutch, chain gears and so on although you can go up to 9 plate clutch if you wish. I read that it will come in 3 diff choices of barrel

standard lammy 200 stud

stud pattern of your choice

305 set up

I'm not sure if you have to buy crank and reedvalve when you buy the casing but I think
It takes a standard mag flange....
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

corrado wrote:Ah, I thought your question was .... is it true that 5 speed boxes only self destruct on race engines and not road engines? if not I'll ask it.
I chatted to Dean For some time about the casing, and dropped in a comment about the five speed box and said that they now had a solution and future boxes should be good (or words to that effect).

Whilst 5 speed boxes have failed under race conditions, there seems to be plenty of evidence of boxes failing in high output engines used on the road. However, I have not heard of failures on engines below 16bhp, and I have also heard of 30bhp road engines working well with 5 speed boxes.

I would love to hear more evidence of 5 speed boxes working well in other high output engines, and confirmation that most below-16bhp engines are happy with the extra gear.

Frankly, I think the engines that seem best to benefit from the 5 speed box are engines with lower outputs.
Martin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information