BSG corse 305cc/ casa lambretta / rimini

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Spanish Fly
Main scooter: P200e

psychedelicropcircle wrote:Image
More swarf than finished article! :shock:

SF
davet

Ok so it went mysteriously quiet when questions were asked about whether how many of the five speed gearboxes broke just by being kicked over. With the new (fantastic looking engine and kit) will a heavier crank, longer stroke and heavier piston with higher compression ratio affect the ability of the newer gearboxes to withstand a size eleven kicking them over?
Toot-oasc
Main scooter: Lambretta

davet wrote:Ok so it went mysteriously quiet when questions were asked about whether how many of the five speed gearboxes broke just by being kicked over. With the new (fantastic looking engine and kit) will a heavier crank, longer stroke and heavier piston with higher compression ratio affect the ability of the newer gearboxes to withstand a size eleven kicking them over?
While trying not to drift off thread, I've ridden a cyclone gearbox hard since fitting it earlier this year. From one end of this country to the other (literally), to Davos and back for the Euro Lambretta, and various other events including over the water, I also know many of the LCGB BSM winners this year have 5 speed gearboxes fitted all year - so given there was 26 events, their riding mileages would be up towards the 10,000's on 5 speeds.

How many do I know have had problems with their gearboxes?? Not a single one of them.

With the enhanced cyclone gearbox now available, (I understand made completely from the same material used in F1 gearboxes), I would anticipate that Rimini would be recommending these are fitted to their high HP engines.

Breaking teeth off gearboxes suggests more to me about either the riding style of the owner, or the build quality of the engine.
dutch

I also have a cyclone 5 speed gearbox fitted in a rt 225 and had no problems and a friend of mine also has same set up and has done 2 euros (france and davos ) amongst other uk rallies and had no problems, i think as they were new, anyone who had a problem we would here about but its not news if anyone has a problem with a standard gearbox.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

ArmandTanzarian wrote:While I admire the engineering, the cost of a complete engine that you could bolt into a scoot and ride would probably be at least as much as a good Italian GP200 or SX200 and in five years time when something goes wrong, would you be able to get any spare parts? I've just done a quick search for a Targa Twin engine. You don't seem to be able to buy them any more and I suspect that this will disappear just as quickly.

One for the lottery winners among us I fear.
The Targa still appears to be available via CamLam?
Did you have to do that?
warts
Main scooter: honda

What is really amazing is that so many people are still putting money where their mouths are and developing new parts for obsolete shopping trolleys.
ArmandTanzarian

DigDug wrote:
ArmandTanzarian wrote:While I admire the engineering, the cost of a complete engine that you could bolt into a scoot and ride would probably be at least as much as a good Italian GP200 or SX200 and in five years time when something goes wrong, would you be able to get any spare parts? I've just done a quick search for a Targa Twin engine. You don't seem to be able to buy them any more and I suspect that this will disappear just as quickly.

One for the lottery winners among us I fear.
The Targa still appears to be available via CamLam?
Zero stock and no delivery date when I looked.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

warts wrote:What is really amazing is that so many people are still putting money where their mouths are and developing new parts for obsolete shopping trolleys.
"Obsolete"??? Id say theyre as popular now as ever
warts
Main scooter: honda

So were are they made new now? Would any of the even the last made get on the road? How would they comply with C&U? Safety, Emissions, Recyclability, the list goes on. How, in so many ways, they are obsolete. Except fun.
This is not a condemnation, but if you think they are even half way to modern technology....
Perhaps you misunderstood "obsolete". A horse is obsolete as a means of transport, but that doesn't stop thousands of the things being used - they are even making new ones!
Now, popular, there is a different thing. Among us lot, certainly.
Although I remember when there were loads more of them around, every weekend, in every town and city, buzzing round, up and down the land, annoying everyone else.
Maybe you were there too? 1965 and on?
Yanker

warts wrote:So were are they made new now?
China and in the near future the UK. They are more 'niche' market, and not really a threat to the Piaggio/Vespa range IMHO.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information