And todays cockup is !???

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
B-Race Tuning
Main scooter: Lambro, GP.

Phil, many thanks fella. you watch, I'll be up and about soon enough. To all, thanks for the support. Its warmly received. Regards, Simon.
ducksta

:oops:Started putting my px scoot together going great guns engine in loom in tank seat cables stand shockers etc no front end as waiting on the hub back from painters then I decided to fit the sip tread plates put a thread on here about fastening them down then offerd them in place and 2 holes either side of legshields where a rack has been ouch full strip down back into paint shop :oops: :oops:
live life your a long time dead
phil23fair
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 250 Special

Lost the spark on my GP. I traced the fault to the LT coil and replaced it. Put the flywheel back on and kicked it over but it wouldn't start. Messed around checking wiring. I had a spark and fuel but it still wouldn't start. Normally it's away 1st or 2nd kick. Messed around some more remaking the spade terminals onto the Cdi. Kicked it over run there was almighty bang as the scooter backfired. Took the flywheel off and found the woodruff key stuck between the magnets. Back on right this time and started first kick.
a.j

Love this thread. :lol:

Another contribution from mr thicky here..

Put a GT 186 kit in a while back. Running in ok. Did 300 miles including a trip to shipston . On the way back from shipston the bike cut out every time I went over a certain amount of revs. Pulled over, new plug, CDI change etc yet it still did it all the way home.

Get home slowly, bung it in shed. Order new stator, regulator and CDI as I'm not p1551ing about trying to fault find. Stuff comes through the post and at fair expense replace it all. Fired it up, took it out, get up to 45mph and its done it again. So, I'm crying my eyes out, my visors covered in condensation and snot. I get nearly home and now it completely dies and won't start at all.

Pushed home half a mile, gets hugs off Hyacinth.

Next day, top end strip down as it must be an air leak somewhere. Lo and behold the reed petals have decided to do a runner. Ring up a mate, yes, he's got spares and comes round. Advised me to double up said petals, Rich Taylor tip. Bike fires up, open throttle, it dies.

By now I'm throwing a noose over the gable end of the workshop. "One more try" says I, before I'm reunited with my long gone aunties and uncles once again. As I fire it up and let it tick over, I pull the throttle cable from the carb body and it revs its tits off!!! Now we're getting somewhere!!!

Strip the headset, and the b@5t@rd cable is untrimmed and sticking up like an aroused Rolf Harris at a junior painting final. As I twist it round its catching on a wire connected to the lighting block.

I'll look back and laugh at it all one day. w@nk3r :roll:
coaster

I rode to the LCGB Euro In Davos Switzerland a couple of years ago on my Avanti powered Jet. Scoot ran well but as we encountered some steepish hills in the Black Forest, I noticed that it was struggling a bit. It was not too bad on the flat but I had massive problems when we started to long climb up the mountain to Davos itself. In the end I was flat out in 2nd at about 20 mph and was cursing not having any spare jets to try. Headed back to the UK and it was a bugger on all the hills but would get up to 60+ mph on the flat. Back at home I decided to try some new jets and at that point noticed that the throttle slide was only opening about 1/3rd :? That's when I remembered that I had had to change a broken throttle cable in Germany on the way out and the new cable had pulled through the nipple in the headset probably when I started to hit the hills in the Black Forest :oops: That'll teach me not to just assume that problems are complicated, sometimes it's easy to overlook the bleedin obvious :(
lambro

Today I was trying to cure a bad earth on my mates PX, I rode it to MOT the other day and all was good, but on the way back the indicators made the other lights flash in sequence with them :-/
Cleaned and checked all earths I could find, removed rear light, doubled up earths, horncast off, check all contacts/earths, indicator switch out, battery off, flasher unit out, reg out, all checked swapped out, earths cleaned extra earths added, headset apart, and all back together again.
Still the bloody same, after about 3 hours off looking and failing, even looking up the rear end to make sure rear loom wasn't rubbing on the rear tyre and shorted. After 3 hours I looked at the dip/main switch and noticed it on a half rock, headlight lit but on a half rock. clicked it down fully, problem solved :-(

Wish I had seen that earlier.
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

These have been up some time ago on LCGB. I was just tightening the front hub nut up of the SX on the bench. At the same time and in a rush as my teas was ready, I was thinking, hope it doesn't fall off. Anyway, took a positive stance and gave me the opportunity to have a closer look at the underside, after I had head butted the garage wall a few times. Obviously the head butting had affected my eye focus.

T5-190

Ouch.
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

Oof!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

Recently was having an issue with the scoot jumping out of 4th gear randomly so after trying everything from cables to even buying a set of the nifty looking tie bar and gear block and swivel in a nice looking red colour it was still jumping out.So decided it must be a chipped tooth on the 4th gear cog or even tree so set about stripping out the clutch etc etc.After getting it all apart could see nothing wrong with it but thought as its apart I'll change the rear bearing, now this idea turned out to actually resolve the problem but I didnt know it.I'd been given a new spring to put in it as I was told some where faulty so put this down by gear box to change when I rebuilt it.Anyway I get a phone call while it was all in pieces after 10 mins I return to the rebuild, 1 hr later its all back together and ready for a test ride.All going well when I decide to open it up and at about 50 it jumps out again so I'm f@@kin swearing like a gud un thinking ive had it with this bag if bollax and go home.Put scoot away and start to shut shed door when I noticed the new spring sitting there all on its jack, oh f@@k I thought I couldnt of just put the old one back in it again? and yep done exactly that sent the shite bag to someone else to restrip down and do as I'd probably of hit the thing with a hammer.Anyway hasn't jumped out since so just waiting for its next disaster to unleash itself on me.
the man don't give a f@@k
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information