And todays cockup is !???

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

Putting bearing and seals in a new mag flange. Forgot the cup washer spacer thing and have now ruined the small oil seal taking it all apart. Don't have spare either......
goldeneye

http://scoot.net/gallery/bbs/twonk.JPG and me mate (no names karl..whoops..) wondered why his RB20 wouldn't start......
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

jet forks in an Italian LI.

bsso78

goldeneye wrote:http://scoot.net/gallery/bbs/twonk.JPG and me mate (no names karl..whoops..) wondered why his RB20 wouldn't start......
Yeah but we've all done that.

Havent we? :oops:
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

bsso78 wrote:
goldeneye wrote:http://scoot.net/gallery/bbs/twonk.JPG and me mate (no names karl..whoops..) wondered why his RB20 wouldn't start......
Yeah but we've all done that.

Havent we? :oops:
Lol

NO!!

:-)
Donnie.
shocky

I tried to ride off with only one outboard shocker fitted on sat , the other was off as im using it as a guage for another conversion
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I used to have an old 1948 Harley - Davidson panhead chop.Each Tuesday we used to meet at Ike's diner in Leeds,one Tuesday when we were all leaving,I kickstarted my bike and got on,pulled the clutch in and engaged first gear,all of a sudden the throttle stuck open and it started to rev its nuts off,I couldn't turn it off because the ignition switch was on the left hand side and I was holding the clutch lever with my left hand,a friend had heard it revving and ran over and switched it off.I had just rebuilt the engine and was just starting to run it in.My friend leaned over and in a quet voice said - "I think its run in now".I often think,if that clutch cable had snapped I would have gone into orbit.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

I spent about 3 hours trying to thread thin wall cables through an outer sheathing for a Lambretta loom. Finally cracked it by using an old gear cable and heat shrink to secure the wires to the cable and pulling it through.

Went and proudly showed it to the other half.

Went back in the garage and discovered I'd forgotten the green! :shock:
Did you have to do that?
dirtyhandslopez

Installed the same wrong bearing in a mag flange twice :oops: , seals, circlip, the lot.

Wasn't today, was about 15 years ago.
That's not going anywhere...
scooterslag

I was once putting a new engine mount in a lammy case using the tool etc and wondered why the f@@ker wasn't moving in a mm. When I looked at the tool I realised that I didn't have all the washers, spacers etc in the right order and it was just locked solid :oops: must of been there for about 40 minutes swearing at the thing
The mack daddy on the left!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information