And todays cockup is !???

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Livi- Graeme wrote: What a Fud!!!!!!!!!
Fud - great word
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
mac

Last year I was out for a spin with the lads on my Jet 200, we left the meeting point and it was a bit spluttery thinking it would clear I just carried on, just as we got out onto the main road it died, try kicking it nothing give it bump start and it fires up then dies after a couple of seconds, try again and it's the same, pissed off I just leave it in a carpark and get a lift to pick up another scooter. Later that day went with a mate in his van to pick it up, get it up my workshop and tried it, starts up fine went to go up the road and it dies again, I left it for a couple of weeks until I had time to check it over, change the plug, HT lead and plug cap, check the stator readings, strip and clean the carb, start it up and it dies again, pissed off I put it back inside and was just going to leave it, went to get a couple of things out the toolbox and noticed something in the air intake, pulled a latex glove out of the air intake, starts up and it runs fine :oops:

Remembered someone had got a plug and plug spanner out of my toolbox when we we're parked up and the glove must of come out of the toolbag and got suck in :oops: :lol:
Trojan
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA INNOCENTI

Remember years ago, spraying the sidepanels of my GP in a rush before me mam got back from work, In the living room, well it was warmer than outside and also wanted to get a gloss finish that was mirror like, warning bells that she was just getting in when I rushed out and put them on the scoot.....happy days.......well that was until the next day when taking out for a spin with the lads and went over a manhole cover that was raised, off came the sidepanels and overtook me.. :o :? :oops: :oops: well, id forgotten to put the clips on the panels to stay put :oops: :oops: I was only 17 and in a rush before id got caught :lol: :lol: .......... 8-)
Trojan
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA INNOCENTI

PS Don t tell anyone :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Cue the mid 90s and ts1 is all the rage, a mate decides to sell his 200 kit to get a 225, I duly oblige the day before riding to Scarborough, that same night me and a mate strip the top end and fit the ts1 ! On my front way, by the time we get finished it's getting late and dark so the last bits of the rebuild are rushed and the bike covered over for the night, first light I'm awake and the scooter packed (no time for test runs lol) I set off and am impressed by the power although I'm shocked at the extra vibration and the bike feels odd handling , we all meet up and I explain to all and the talk is of ts1 vibration so I think no more of it, ride there get smashed ride back a couple of days later and with a hangover it's even worse just unbearable... I arrive home and drop the engine, as I lower the engine gently between my legs an engine cone rolls down the casing and on to my foot ! Oh dear I thought guess that never went in lol put it in bolted it up went round block and hey presto no more vibration lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
T5-190

When I was 17 years old I had a V90. It had a slight wobble from the front end, and on a closer look one or both of the bottom hub bearings was worn out. I had a spare set of forks in my dads shed so rather than change the whole forks I just changed the hub back plate. When I stood up to admire my handy work I had fitted it to the wrong side of the forks.
lcs99

Went down to the garage once to do a 5 minute job, came back 3 hours later with a Stanley knife wound in the thumb and 2 plasters on fingers,
blood everywhere . :oops: :oops: Happy days
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

lcs99 wrote:Went down to the garage once to do a 5 minute job, came back 3 hours later with a Stanley knife wound in the thumb and 2 plasters on fingers,
blood everywhere . :oops: :oops: Happy days
That's every job on a lammy over 30 years FFs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

I might yet get the prize (see my noise from gearbox disappears when clutch engaged) Engine built last autumn and lost me Mojo over the winter, but finished the new Avanti top end off and engine back in scoot. Had a few shorts runs. Looking on the workbench over the weekend and finds a layshaft shim :o :roll: Now I'm very methodic when I build engines and still refer to Sticky's as rebuild goes step by step. I've now got to whip chaincase off and endplate to see if shim is there or not (I'm still sure it's there) just to be on safe side. And I've recently built another lad's engine for him which is sitting on workshop floor awaiting return of all panelwork/frame from painters, so I'm going to have to do same to his engine :roll: just in case.
I'll probably find it's just a spare left on the bench and both engines have them fitted :roll: :lol:
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
johnny LIS150
Main scooter: 1964 Lambretta LIS150 special

:roll: I'd just slash me wrists now and get it over with lol :lol:

Someone once told me that when visiting his mates he often used to toss an odd nut /washer/shim/bolt into their bits box or workbench just to confuse them :evil: barsteward

Still look on the bright side you might find the missing shim on the first crankcase ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information