Ricspeed - Rich Smith - Rest In Peace

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
pasner

R.I.P. Ricspeed.
pikey

Ricspeed such a great fellow scooterist with a massive passion for cutdown scoots and racing....always made me giggle....me and wayne had popped in at the scooterotica garage the day Rich turned up from york on the bmx so, so funny..i thought he was crazy lol :lol: :lol: it was so good to see him at elvington this year he was loving it getting his racer up the drag strip....and also before brid he emailed me on facebook saying pikey do ya think i would be able to book me racer in at brid ya never know i might win a trophy for best series 1....i told him to get it booked in it would be great to see it there.......so glad he did and even more so that he won a trophy for it ,he was buzzin on that note i may say....Ricspeed you will be deeply missed my good man and i will definately miss aving a gud chat with you out and about.....R.I.P. Rich...."PIKEY"
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

R.I.P. Ricspeed.
I only knew you through the forum, as I'm sure did many others, but I too shall miss you.
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

Truly saddened to hear this news,Rest In Peace Rich.
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
coaster

I only knew of him through the forums but would like to offer my condolences to all his friends and family, RIP
Supereibar

I got a call yesterday from Tony at an odd time, and I just knew it wasn't anything good. It took me a while to realize that my friend Rich was gone. But as Dan has also expressed, it had been several months when Ric had no reason to smile anymore. I was there with him at Cadwell when his lowest humour came out. I tried to lift his spirits up as much as I could but there was nothing I could do. His mind was and has always been with Jo, and the fella had the weight of the world over his shoulders. We did watch the last race at Cadwell together and then I was forced to say goodbye to him as Doug was my ride so I couldn't hang about longer. Ric wasn't right at all, his eyes were telling me something that he couldn't bring himself forward to say. Maybe he tried to apologise for being a loud drunk the night before but I think he was trying to tell me that he cared for our friendship. Since I found out he is gone, I have spent the last 24 hours kicking myself for not hugging him at that very second, when I had the chance, and he probably needed a friend the most. There are so many things that I would have liked to tell him. Now I break into tears just thinking about it or even looking at a picture of the both of us on the paddock.

The sad bid said, I know, I just KNOW, that Ricardo would have not liked us, or anyone to mourn him at all. Yes, Ricardo, I always called him Ricardo Rapido as a joke. As Dan said, he was a loner but he was like Captain Jack Sparrow. Had a wicked sense of humour and loved his boat, the Black Pearl (Someone named his group 6 like that and I thought it was brilliant) This is the guy that when he saw me he would change his chip and pitched his speech into an intellegible (at least for a foreign gent like me) thick Yorkshire accent. The more I asked him to repeat the words again, the more he would accentuate his speech. He loved winding me up (yes Ricardo, I know you might be laughing still reading this!!). Whenever I arrived to the track,there he came, with a thick grin, already with his phrase prepaired to greet me: "Eeei ooop ye Clartnoggin'!" From that point on it wasn't an a to b conversation, it was more like an a to b...where the f@@k I left my dictionary?...Lets not forget that I am, or I was ALWAYS playing the "away/visitor" side of the game. I am with Dan in saying that Ric was a walking database, he knew by heart where every possible link, posted four years ago, in some godforgotten forum was, and what was said. He knew the rules of the game so well, that he allowed himself the biggest prank in the history of scootering, and I think this is the way I would like Rich to be remembered for. He told me he was presenting the Black Pearl for the custom show at Brid..... As a 1959 Series 1!!!! Of course I laughed my bum off, and told him that he was prepairing the biggest pi55 take in the history of scootering. Sure as sh1t, his group 6 was there on the 26th of October, standing proud (not tall) between the comedy mod Lammies (no offence intended ). Of course I thought they would send the poor lad home empty handed, "yeh sorry about that lad, its not a series 1 you see?"..... Well the crazy git placed 2nd!!!!!!!! Oh he was happy as if there wasn't anything better than that. I wish he had seen my stupid face when I found out! I bet he is laughing up there still, with a thick grin on his face, calling me a Clartnoggin, knowing that he was too right.

I miss you bro, very very much. May you find peace always wherever you are.

Jaime

bazza3004

Sad news. RIP Ricspeed.
Angry Bloke

Very sad news - RIP
Je fettle - Tu fettle - Il fettle - Nous fettleons - Vous fettlez - Ils fettlent

"Broadsword calling Danny boy ,Broadsword calling Danny boy ,over "
lammy mark
Main scooter: Series 3 Special s type rep.

Gutted to learn of the sad passing of Ric Speed. A true Lambretta enthusiast, and always willing to share his knowledge & time with like minded souls.

Rest easy my friend...gone but not forgotten :cry:
soullad
Dealer

Another good 'un gone.
Rest in peace mate.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information