Ricspeed - Rich Smith - Rest In Peace

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
lloydiee
Playstation gamer tag: trojanlloyd
Main scooter: rusty li special with attitude

R.i.P pal. Cheers for all the advice over the years and contributing and sending parts for my lammy.
It was great meeting you this year at brid. best regards to his family. lloydiee & kirsty & mark wattsy
Rui

Really sad to hear :(

RIP
soulsurfer

I remember first seeing the pictures posted when Rich arrived on his BMX, f****n' hilarious :lol:

I exchanged many posts and words, all in good form, with Rich, he could always pull the cat out of the bag with a picture.

I was pleased when he finally got to race his bike that he spent so long perfecting, and laughed out loud when I saw he won a trophy at Brid for his "Series 1", only Ric could do that!

I've never been so touched by the loss of someone in Scootering as I have with the loss of Rich, his absence will be felt here for a very long time indeed.

RIP Rich, it was a pleasure to have "met" you :-D
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
ts200

such a shame
r.i.p.
les perry
Main scooter: GP 230 TS1

RIP Ricspeed hope you are at peace now Ride Free the forum will not be the same without you
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Sad to hear . RIP.
lockman69

Deepest condolences to family and friends...ride free and in peace Rich
shureimage
Main scooter: SIL GP200

Very sad, never actually met Rich, but spoke to him quite a few times on Facebook, always found him a font of knowledge & very helpful as I've seen he was on here, he will definitely be missed.....
R.I.P
yam-lam
Main scooter: serveta 125li & t5

such a shame r.i.p ric
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

The reason i joined this forum way back was because of Ricspeed....but not what you would have imagined! Before i knew of Scooterotica i spent most of my time on the LCGB and at that time was building a low budget GP with cheap as chips powder coat job, and being a valentino fan decided to get a livery sticker kit off ebay! Great i thought that looks on a budget until i was pointed in the direction of this forum where a moderator had dissed my scoot for its cheap stickers! So i joined and it was Ric that placed the comments (tongue in cheek i might add) so i pm'd him and asked for explanation....his reply was so apologetic and we both ended up laughing about it and i removed the stickers, out of that was born a friendship we shared mainly on the forum but when we did meet he would bring it up and we would laugh :D, when he first so Von Dutch in the flesh he turned to me and said "should have stuck with ye rossi stickers" :lol: I threw my gloves at him :roll:

I just thank God i bought that tacky set of stickers, otherwise i might never have made friends with such a knowledgeable scooter fanatic who i both respected and admired, the last months have been difficult for my friend and it hurt so much during correspondence via pm/text and facebook feeling his deep pain and unable to tell him it would be ok because he was just so heartbroken at the loss of Jo and how life had turned out.... I'm just so upset i put work commitments before going to Brid where he wanted to have a beer and catch up face to face, if only I had known it would be our last opportunity for a beer and a laugh I would have never had missed it.....

Rest In Peace Ricspeed i will never forgot you mate :cry:
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information