12volt DC Mod charger

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
shep
Main scooter: li125 ser3

Cheers, maybe not then.
a.j

I connected mine up this afty..works a treat.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Any pics of where you've put the end that connects to the sat nav?
lammydave
Main scooter: Li150Special RT195

used this for my sat nav and phone on a recent trip to france....well worth the dosh!
Li150 S2 1959. Li150 Special 1964. GP125 1970. Jet 200 Performer 1981. 1967 Sx150. 1959 Li150 S1. 1968 li125 Series 4
Timbo

Have ordered one and seen the installation vid, but just wanting to know how peeps fit it near the handle bars..
a.j

Timbo wrote:Have ordered one and seen the installation vid, but just wanting to know how peeps fit it near the handle bars..
I put mine under the seat. Absolutley mullered it. Can you get spares for it? I need the charging socket.
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

If you don't use your airbox, bring it up through the scoop and it's protected from being crushed by the seat in there. I charged my phone up all the way back from Kelso. Placed it in a padded camera bag over the petrol flap where there is more room, worked a treat.

Rich'
Timbo

No air box but I want it closer to the head set to run a sat nav..
Train Driver

Timbo wrote:No air box but I want it closer to the head set to run a sat nav..
Follow your wiring harness then get a plate made and fit it to your spare wheel carrier
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
Bert Oni

Timbo wrote:No air box but I want it closer to the head set to run a sat nav..
I've got em on my GP & S2 and they're both fitted by siting the charger end on the lhs rear footboard support pretty near the regulator, with the length of cable following the frame loop passing under the tank along with the wiring loom, under the leggies and behind the horn casting. I then drilled a 10mm hole (& fitted rubber gromet) in the part of the leggies right next to the fork stem that won't be seen from the front as it's covered by the horn casting, for the cig lighter end to come out inside the legshield toolbox. Then slacken the 2 nuts securing the leggie toolbox slightly and push the 'flying' sat Nav lead behind the toolbox rubber in the corner.
Don't forget to feed the Mod charger cable from inside the toolbox though as obviously the cig lighter end won't pass through a 10mm hole ;) . This is all assuming that you have a legshield toolbox of course, although the same route can be used if you have an inside legshield spare wheel. The cable is just the right length, and they work a treat. Hope this helps Timbo.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information