FREE re-print of Scootering Magazine......

The print magazine news, reviews, latest products, events & more....
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Vote for your favorite issue of Scootering magazine for a FREE re-print.....

Promotional Text:

Looking back at all the magazines we’ve put together over the past 31 years, we thought it’d be a great idea to let our readers choose one special edition to re-print and enjoy. Nostalgia is a big part of our scene and so we love to share our historic resources whenever we can. The last reprint in the series will be your choice, just vote for your favourite one. Whichever edition gains the most votes is the one we shall print…..just for you. The issue with the most votes will be given away FREE with the August 2016 edition of Scootering.

Vote here: http://www.scootering.com/vote/

See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Ian Hepworth

Sorry but I think this is a waste of time and paper.

The one from 1997 that came the other day was printed on poor quality paper and the text was unreadable in places.

It's gone in the paper recycling.

Daft idea.
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Looking forward to it. Hope it's issue 65. was very fascinated by those 240cc lambrettas. Still am!
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

I've still got issue 65 somewhere if you want a scan of the article
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

I quite enjoyed the re-print and accept that the text is a bit small, but a bright light and factor 3 glasses from Poundland should sort that out. And didn't scootersist look young then, what happened?

Haven't had time to look at it in detail , but did skim through adds to see how the prices have varied over the years in respect of scooters. SX200's relatively cheap, but Rally 200's around £1.5 - £2K, which they seem to have been held at this price until only a couple of years ago.

Also noted that some of the parts prices have not really changed much since 1997, but don't shoot me as I only skimmed in a dim light whilst Coronation Street was on last night.
Stokie

Working in the printing industry I'm all for ink on paper, but it sounds as if the recent re-print may have been a re-scan of a printed copy rather that a re-print from the original repro? In 1997 film separations were still widely used and I'm guessing the original electronic DTP files have not been archived or only exist on obsolete Syquest or Jip cartridges.
Personally I'd suggest making old back issues available electronically via an app or online page-turner might be more worthwhile & certainly cheaper.
Poor quality re-prints on low grade paper stocks can't do much for what otherwise might seem like a reasonable marketing idea.

Whilst I'm here, as I'm clearing out the 'former matrimonial home' I have quite a large collection of now unwanted back issues of Scootering - dating back to the mid '90s as well as a few JetSets.
If anyone wants a copy of a specific issue then drop me a message :)
shaunmc
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

Personally I enjoyed the reprint, of course you can pick fault with it if you are that way inclined, but I'm sure most of us like to be reminded how things were. Look forward to the next one.

Cheers.
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

EddieStone wrote:I've still got issue 65 somewhere if you want a scan of the article
Thank you EddieStone for the offer. I might be in the same boat as yourself in that I have a copy of the mag somewhere myself. Just can't find it! I know my own copy was well torn up from being read over and over. The other reason I liked that edition was that I think it had a feature on a blue street racer vespa with a swift under engine exhaust and gordon screen. Maybe I'm wrong, long time ago. I've seen the blue vespa a few times at the Isle of Wight rally and it still looks great. If I remember right one of those 240cc pilots commented on their cruising speed to rallies and how nobody ever overtook them. Class!
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Ian Hepworth wrote:Sorry but I think this is a waste of time and paper.

The one from 1997 that came the other day was printed on poor quality paper and the text was unreadable in places.

Daft idea.

Sorry 'Constructive Criticism Only'............Have to agree with Ian, a costly poor copy with indistinguishable text in parts (and I probably have the original copy in the garage). Agree with another post above, maybe they should just email out a PDF of the original which would probably 'hit the spot' Was the back issue sent out, purely because Paul Weller featured in the edition does anyone know ?
shaunmc
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

Strummer10 wrote:
Ian Hepworth wrote:Sorry but I think this is a waste of time and paper.

Daft idea.

Sorry 'Constructive Criticism Only'............Have to agree with Ian, a costly poor copy with indistinguishable text in parts (and I probably have the original copy in the garage). Agree with another post above, maybe they should just email out a PDF of the original which would probably 'hit the spot' Was the back issue sent out, purely because Paul Weller featured in the edition does anyone know ?
The reason that the 1997 mag was picked above any other was that it was the first edition that Andy Gillard featured as the editor proper, well that's what's quoted in this month's scootering anyway.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information