FREE re-print of Scootering Magazine......

The print magazine news, reviews, latest products, events & more....
jonzo172

A FREE magazine and people are STILL moaning... jeez!!
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

just bought a copy today.....think the negative comments are a bit harsh. The free mag wasn't as bad as I expected (from comments on here) and it was interesting to see the old prices (and younger faces).
Yanker

shaunmc wrote:
Strummer10 wrote:
Ian Hepworth wrote:Sorry but I think this is a waste of time and paper.

The one from 1997 that came the other day was printed on poor quality paper and the text was unreadable in places.

It's gone in the paper recycling.

Daft idea.

Sorry 'Constructive Criticism Only'............Have to agree with Ian, a costly poor copy with indistinguishable text in parts (and I probably have the original copy in the garage). Agree with another post above, maybe they should just email out a PDF of the original which would probably 'hit the spot' Was the back issue sent out, purely because Paul Weller featured in the edition does anyone know ?
The reason that the 1997 mag was picked above any other was that it was the first edition that Andy Gillard featured as the editor proper, well that's what's quoted in this month's scootering anyway.
Sorry, that does not answer or even query how T F 'Strummer10's copy has survived 20 years of garage storage and is still legible?

Stokie: Ferk that takes me back to my time in printing in the era: 'Syquest' 'TIFF' 'QuarkXpress' 'ISDN' 'DTP' 'AppleBomb' 'Webb Offset' 'Special 5ths' etc

I showed the 'Wella' thing from the re-print to an old fan: he just squinted (rather than squirted) at it....
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

I probably have ALL, if not most, of the Scootering magazines ever issued piled up in the garage. Just need the time to read them all lol
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Ian Hepworth wrote:Sorry but I think this is a waste of time and paper.

The one from 1997 that came the other day was printed on poor quality paper and the text was unreadable in places.

It's gone in the paper recycling.

Daft idea.
Well, you can't please all the people all of the time. Such is life.

I do wonder about people who moan when something is free.....odd. In fact I noted you felt so strongly about this Ian, that you posted your disgust both here and on the Scootering FB page....which did make me chortle.

Anyway, the good news is that after only 3 weeks on sale it's already the best selling issue since Jan 2015.....not such a 'daft idea' after all ;)
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
eden
Dealer

To be fare it's probably sold well because many people wanted to see how the mag had changed with a new workforce rather that the free mag inside.. I'll come across a copy sooner or later when I see one at someone's house. ;)
sean brady scooters
Dealer

soz eden ,but cant imagine in my wildest dreams that that is true ...most folk wont even be aware of the editorial changes tbh,and prob couldnt care less even if they did :)
the mag has sold well on its merits ,can you not just give credit where credit is due ?
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
eden
Dealer

I'm not slagging it ffs!!!

What I'm saying is that buying a mag isn't like buying most things, you don know whats in it till you have bought it. Or are you saying people have said to their mates "oi, have you seen how great the latest edition of scooting is, you should go and buy it"?
I would say that a very good number of scooterists do know about the shenanigans at scootering too, its been all over social media for a long time. with out social media, word gets around the scootering fraternity like wild fire anycase.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

eden wrote:I'll come across a copy sooner or later when I see one at someone's house. ;)
If you do catch sight of a copy, do feel free to post constructive feedback, whatever that may entail. Without criticism the product cannot improve. Likewise, be nice to know what people 'approve of' also.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
sean brady scooters
Dealer

eden wrote:I'm not slagging it ffs!!!

What I'm saying is that buying a mag isn't like buying most things, you don know whats in it till you have bought it. Or are you saying people have said to their mates "oi, have you seen how great the latest edition of scooting is, you should go and buy it"?
I would say that a very good number of scooterists do know about the shenanigans at scootering too, its been all over social media for a long time. with out social media, word gets around the scootering fraternity like wild fire anycase.

lol,how do you know what a meal is like before you buy it and eat it ,how do you know whether or not a film is good till you pay to see it ...and before your tempted to buy it anyways ...it says on the front cover whats in it anyways !
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information