not covered on rallies ?

Who do YOU insure your scooter with, give recommendations and opinions...
YAMLAM

A mate of mine has just insured his Lambretta thru TR Youngs with a company called ERS motorcycle Flex
there is a section on the policy under the heading Rallies.
it states.
Rallies.
You can use your motorcycle in connection with club rallies.This insurance does not cover your motorcycle in connection with any National or International Rallies other than those in which your club takes part.

Anybody else insured with ERS ? or similar heading on your policy ?
win or lose have a booze
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

I think this refers to racing type rallies rather than the typical scooter rally, which is more of a meet.
chippy

This is were you need to read small print. I had insurance with them on a custom bike with agreed value and it was only insured after 10pm locked in garage at home. So being out overnight was a no no. I obviously changed companies
YAMLAM

Ta,Best i get him to phone TR Youngs and get it verified.
win or lose have a booze
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

plenty of small print issues,

always ask and read it all

one of my policies obviously had the bikes as garaged, but I later found out that when at the home address they had to be in the garage, if they parked on drive during the day and stolen, then zero claim was honoured, nothing, nada zilch

I said what if Im washing it, and need to go fill bucket up again, was told to put it back in garage, lock garage then go fill bucket.. LOL

so I asked what defined the "home address" what about parked on the road outside

they couldnt define it...

insurance is just a legal excuse for robbery
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

oh and also check if you have pillions, as my last 3 policies are by default no pillions, I went back when I realised and changed it, zero difference to the price

so my thinking is that its yet another hidden excuse to try get out of claims in the future
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
hat
Main scooter: SX150/ Mugello 186

tonydevon wrote:plenty of small print issues,

always ask and read it all

one of my policies obviously had the bikes as garaged, but I later found out that when at the home address they had to be in the garage, if they parked on drive during the day and stolen, then zero claim was honoured, nothing, nada zilch

I said what if Im washing it, and need to go fill bucket up again, was told to put it back in garage, lock garage then go fill bucket.. LOL

so I asked what defined the "home address" what about parked on the road outside

they couldnt define it...

insurance is just a legal excuse for robbery
My current policy has a version of this. If its within a set distance (i think its half a mile) of the garage and its not locked in there, if its subsequently either nicked or suffers mailicious damage, its not covered.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information