Bikesure renewal

Who do YOU insure your scooter with, give recommendations and opinions...
warts
Main scooter: honda

Just renewed with BikeSure. Letter said £17 rise, a phone call got that down to £2.70. No tantrums necessary, all very civilised.
Had email confirmation within minutes and paper version next day.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Why do they try it on every year? For the sake of £15 they risk losing your business?
fraserp200e
Main scooter: 1988 MotoVespa TX200

This is my pet hate. Especially when you phone up to cancel after searching for it cheaper elsewhere only for them to offer you a "discount" to stay. FFS just value your existing customers instead of trying to make a quick buck at thier expense.
Rant over!
1983 Vespa PX125
1984 MotoVespa P200E
1988 MotoVespa TX200
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I had insurance with CN for £130, renewal was over £200. FJ offered insurance for £135. CN phoned and I told them FJ's quote......they said they would beat it if I stayed with them........I didn't.

probably cut my nose to spoil my face but I felt better for it. See what renewal FJ comes up with for their renewal, not holding out much hope TBH.
warts
Main scooter: honda

I've no idea, other than there must enough twats that just pay up, because they are stupid or have it on auto renewal. That would be two stupids then, wouldn't it.

Previously I was with Bennetts, when I rang up (for the last time) to query why the increase, they not only would not proceed without me having to listen to a load of gobshite about my house, water supply, separate budgie cover etc etc, they then proceeded to lecture me on how I should have insurance on all the bikes which were in bits in the shed. Motherf**k**g c**kscuking c*nt5.

That was when I changed to Bikesure. They were easy to get started with, no answering hours of foolish and irrelevant questions, and the HQ is not far from where I live, so I could drop off the NCB note and have cover that day.

As I said, my dealings with them have always been very courteous and civilised. Much as I would rather not have to go through the charade, it is easy and painless.
philz
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150

Just got my renewal from Devitts increase £70 to £108. Bennett quote £75 so I call Devitts and best price is £90 so I agree as can't be arsed to change. Send me new policy and now they want £108 if I pay monthly DD. Didn't mention that when I negotiated. Finished up paying in full.
They won't get my business next year for sure. Scamming bar stewards
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

With bikesure myself on a multibike policy so is a little dearer have 2 policys as 2 of bikes are not classics they're not old enough.The classic with 5 bikes on it I thought was very reasonable at £240 considering I have them on agreed values, the other policy with 2 on not so reasonable imo but went with it.Most annoying thing was I passed my test just before my renewal was due a few years ago, got the obligatory increase as usual so thought no probs as soon as I tell them I've passed my test now then it will reduce, oh no it friggin went up more!! There reason was as I had passed I was more likely to have an accident which is total bull as in 25+ years I hadn't without passing it why would I suddenly become useless at riding.A long boring conversation on the phone later did get it reduced but only to what it originally was quoted at, even the next year it never went down would of been better off not passing.Chopping and changing can be a pain and all just for a few quid saving hence they probably have a high percentage that just don't argue about it so it does pay off for them to try it.
the man don't give a f@@k
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

My Peter James renewal just dropped through letterbox.
£111...1 scooter and modifications declared.
Meds
Main scooter: Li125s

I always shop around when my insurancies are due just to check out the competition.
If my current insurance can't better the lowest quote by 10% I change.
They have no loyalty to us, why should we be loyal to them.
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

Had to play around to get my insurance bearable this year as I had two separate policies with auntie carol. Two on a multi bike policy and one on its own. I let the solo policy lapse for the sake of a three week gap between renewals. One was £147 for the jet200 and the multibike had a px200 and my s type on it and they wanted £325 for that. Phoned em up and explained I wasn't best pleased but didn't want to jump ship, so what were they going to do. This was especially important as I now had my other gp200 finished and ready for the road and insuring. I seemed to have the new boy who had to go and get advice on every repetitive question he asked. An hour and thirty five minurtes later I managed to get a multi bike policy on the four scoots for £422, so that's £105.50 per scoot. Not cheap admittedly, but I have managed to insure 4 scoots instead of 3 for £50 less,yet they said they couldn't do it any cheaper.Bizzare....quite bizzare. :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information