Carole Nash agreed valuation...

Who do YOU insure your scooter with, give recommendations and opinions...
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Anyone know if they need a written valuation whatever the value.........and if so who would do it? BLA presumably...
davla

No, they just need photos and your value.......
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Ta...
Jxmiddle
Main scooter: GP250 69 targa twin

I'd always double check. I was told by another firm that I didn't need to do anything other than tell them the value I wanted and then with my documents I got a form which said I needed to complete and return with a valuation from a third party. When I checked turned out the person on the phone was wrong and I've had to get a valuation from the LCGB. Easy to ignore the form thinking it wasn't necessary to complete.
Mag
Main scooter: Carbon GP TS1

I recently upped the value on one of my GPs after a restoration. Its insured with Carole Nash, I sent photos which they sent to the vintage motorcycle club to value.

I get the impression they were looking at Indian GPs and Bitzas as the came back asking me to provide evidence to support my valuation. I merely had to provide a couple of links to comparable bikes for sale or sold and they came back with agreement in writing.
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

I was insured with allstyles/TRYoungs, my renewal came back with increased valuation, they upped the agreed value not me LOL

I just provided photos and spec sheet
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

Mag wrote:I recently upped the value on one of my GPs after a restoration. Its insured with Carole Nash, I sent photos which they sent to the vintage motorcycle club to value.

I get the impression they were looking at Indian GPs and Bitzas as the came back asking me to provide evidence to support my valuation. I merely had to provide a couple of links to comparable bikes for sale or sold and they came back with agreement in writing.
That really bugs me as I am sure they would be better using a club which knows about Scooters rather than Motorcycles in general.

Rich'
Scoot65

I've had agreed value on my TV200 for quite a few years (with Carole Nash).
I've upped the value on it a couple of times over the years, however the last time I tried (about 5 years ago), I was told by CN that they had sent my evidence of market value ie pictures and copies of ads of TV200s for sale in scootering / ebay etc. to the vintage motorcycle club and they came back with a lower value than what I was asking.........
Daggs

A message to you all. Avoid Carole Nash like the plague. Today, following me cancelling a policy last week, I have had some contact from them that has infuriated me.
I'm not prepared to say any more right now. But I'll be going to the Ombudsman if necessary. I'll update this, as and when i can (it may be a while)
oldbiker

Daggs wrote:A message to you all. Avoid Carole Nash like the plague. Today, following me cancelling a policy last week, I have had some contact from them that has infuriated me.
I'm not prepared to say any more right now. But I'll be going to the Ombudsman if necessary. I'll update this, as and when i can (it may be a while)
insurance companies are not there to help us remember that in all dealings with them DONT TRUST THEM
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information