classic insurance multi bike

Who do YOU insure your scooter with, give recommendations and opinions...
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

carlos fandango wrote:^ does peter james inc European breakdown cover ? my ins is up soon, and they are only up the road from me :)
Yes, European breakdown is included as standard
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Yanker wrote:Carol Nash = Inc UK + Euro breakdown, used them since the last century, 1x 3rd party incident and one x own fault in that period, could not fault the service (though I have not tested anything but accident cover)
I rang Carl Nash for a quote last year and when I listed my modifications from factory standard (Smith's speedo, pathfinders, inline wheel carrier, GT200 kit, 30mm PHBH) they told me that my scooter could not be insured under a classic policy with them as I had more than 3 modifications so I had to take their standard bike policy and wanted over £500. Not sure if I just got the office numpty on the phone or what but despite him speaking to his supervisor would not let me insure as classic so I went elsewhere
Finny
Main scooter: Lambretta series2

I wouldn't recommend Carole Nash multi bik policy at all. No claims isn't transferable. Also if you change / add bikes they'll charge you the same again. I found it much cheaper to get separate policies for each bike with added bonus that if I have an accident on one, I'll still have no claims on the other. This is a complete con in my experience especially when you remember you can't ride two bikes at the same time and they charge you an amount which suggests they think you can! Avoid unless your sums work out differently.
davla

I had to use their breakdown cover once with no problems, it was a relatively local breakdown but scooter was recovered to my garage reasonably quickly.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Did it affect your NCB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

rosscla wrote:Did it affect your NCB?
NCB on a classic policy?
Did you have to do that?
davla

In my experience NCB is irrelevant on a Classic policy. Calling out the breakdown service and getting scooter recovered didn't count as a claim with CN, I can't comment on other companies. Getting a multi bike policy definitely works out better value for me, it's about 100 quid for one bike and 120 for two.
Barry@Bikesure

Please let us know if we can assist

Regards
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Just 10 mins ago swapped to Peter James.
Lammy with mods declared
500 motorbike.
Full recovery and unlimited mileage.
£127. And nice people.
Daggs

If Carole Nash were the only insurance company willing to insure historic scooters. I'd give up on scootering.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information