breakdown and claims

Who do YOU insure your scooter with, give recommendations and opinions...
dennis
Main scooter: 1 gp 1 special

Just had renewal in and read the small print(not so small),it says that if i use the breakdown cover this is now classed as a claim and looks like the premiums go up in the following year and might affect your car insurance to, i'm in the AA so will be canceling the breakdown cover off the insurance, wording follows.
Please also note that if you make a claim under the breakdown cover this will be recorded as a claim and will be registered by the insurers on the claims and underwriting exchange.These claims will need to be declared to insurers when applying or renewing your motor insurance.
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

What company is that with
dennis

Equity red star,but might be the same on all insurance,at the end of the day it's all about making money.
ArmandTanzarian

Sneaky buggers. That's one to watch out for. I'll have to check my Carol Nash insurance.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Den 08
Main scooter: lambretta Gp 225

dennis wrote:Equity red star,but might be the same on all insurance,at the end of the day it's all about making money.
funny you should say that only yesterday going through old logbooks insurance certs etc having a tidy so to speak
been with red star for last 7yrs and found I have breakdown cover :o and I have been collected from iow and a few other places
at my own exspence :oops: I'm glad I didn't know I had it, i will be reading small print tonight :lol:
RobD

Have fallen foul of this myself with equity red star. Was told by car insurers that it wouldn't effect the premium of my car insurance as they don't take motorcycle claims into account (don't believe them) but it does mean that you'll struggle to get online quotes and take them out as it comes up as an undisclosed claim.
coaster

Literally just got off the phone with Carol Nash renewing my annual policy (managed to negotiate a reduction 8-) ) and thought I'd ask about any breakdown claims affecting the NCB. The guy said that couldn't happen because they were two totally separate policies for services supplied by 2 separate companies.
Shuggie

i had to be relayed home from France this year through Carol Nash.........the company that provide the breakdown cover are AXA ..............and it was a complete nightmare from start to finish!!! only just got my out of pocket expenses agreed and still waiting on the cheque. When i complained to Carol Nash i was told they couldnt do anything as it was a seperate company................i then asked why they have customer testimonials on their website saying how good the breakdown cover was and i was i allowed to put one on saying how bad my experience was?? going to put a letter into scootering about it as well as it was a bloody nightmare!!!
dennis

YAMLAM, i did reply but not sure if it went,didn't bother renewing in the end, went to Aplan insurance down from 249 to 129 3 scoots.bet it wont be that next year.
thackers

Just checked my Equity Red Star for the scoots and no mention of breakdowns going against you. My policy came through the door just yesterday, and having to be brought home last weekend I found the recovery service was good too. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information