Scooter in van insurance

Who do YOU insure your scooter with, give recommendations and opinions...
ArmandTanzarian

A mate and I want to go to Vespa World Days in Croatia next year but as much as I like long distance, foreign tours, we just don't have the time to ride there and back. The obvious thing to do is put the scoots in the back of a van and go.

The trouble is, my insurance company has told me that they will not be covered while in the van and so if we have a crash, catch fire or if everything gets stolen, we won't be covered.

Does anybody know of a separate policy that will cover the scoots while in the back of the van?
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

You say the insurance company have told you....., but is that the insurer of the van, or the insurer of the scooter?

You might find that the van policy will cover the contents of the van.
Martin
ArmandTanzarian

Carole Nash said that the scooters would not be insured by them while being transported. The van insurance (afaik) only covers the van, not what's inside (at least not to the value of two scooters)
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Speak to an insurance broker and see if you can get a separate policy for the contents of the van.

If you were carrying boxes of sausages to Italy, you'd want to have them insured. The scooters are just another load, eh?
Martin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information