Footman James..? - B*llends

Who do YOU insure your scooter with, give recommendations and opinions...
simplex

Won't offer to insure my DL 225 as its increase in HP from the original Factory 125 is over 20%.. hold on .. its a different engine from the factory and been in there for 4 years.. no matter sir..

Anybody have other recommendations apart from Carol Nash
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Dan has posted today regarding bikesure insurance take a look. Its in the links section

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Hmmm Im about to get my renewal reminder any day now from FJ, been with them for several years as Carole Nash were arses when I had to claim, plus they give you a different answer to the same question three days in a row!

I've noticed there's a general consensus that FJ have really gone downhill though, and while it's not affected me yet, its made me decide I'll do some serious shopping about this year for sure!
Donnie.
dutch

try peter james
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

FJ seems to have changed a lot of their underwriters recently.
I think LCGB will have to rethink their business relationship if the sort of posts on that forum are indicative.

They gave me a decent quote despite me hiking the CC's from 200 to 225, but then neglected to tell me they'd decided in their infinite wisdom to do away with the rider policy aspect of my insurance despite having it since the year dot FFS.

When I made a fuss about it they said they'd done a deal with LCGB to allow members (only) to be able to ride other LAMBRETTAS of at least 25 years old as 3rd party only, that's it.

On the face of it it was something, but it's crap compared with -a full rider policy.
So I'll be shopping around come next Marchs renewal.
carlos fandango

Yes just had my renewal notice from FJ ive been with them for 5 years.
Last year my policy for 4 scoots £158
This year £358 :shock:
Oh and i noticed on the renewal notice they had put 3 of my scoots back to std spec :evil:
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
soupy

I tried fj for a quote a few times found them shite wanted almost £400.00 for my targa almost double from tr youngs wont be bothering fj ever again.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Moved his thread to the correct section 8-)

Info here about Bikesure deal for forum members: http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... 55&t=27503
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
phil23fair
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 250 Special

I had the same problem with Footman James when they refused to insure my Rapido 250 because it wasn't standard spec. But they would insure my TS1. Carole Nash would insure me for both the above plus a standard GP150 for £198. When I got the policy both the TS1 and 250 were insured as not being modified. I tried to get this corrected with no success. In the end I cancelled the policy and went with Peter James who insured me for £138 for all 3 scooters with agreed valuations on the TS1 and the 250 with all modifications noted.
simplex

I went back to Carol Nash.. £121 classic ins.. no issues on a 225 with non standard pipe...recovery (inc EU).. no mileage limit..

"any mirrors or chrome extras".. no mate
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information