Footman James..? - B*llends

Who do YOU insure your scooter with, give recommendations and opinions...
Scootissimo

Has anyone on here tried TR Youngs?
I found them really good.
Speed Demon
Dealer

Had good reports on all of the following:

TR Youngs (Allstyles)
Lexham
Peter James
The Policy Shop

Was with FJ last year but with all the changes and the fact that they never answer the bloody phone I shopped around and ended up with a good multi-bike deal on a range of modified scooters from the Policy Shop. Darren there is a scooterist so understands all the modifications.

The only thing I miss from FJ and Carole Nash is Euro breakdown cover.
Get to SULK
gp200ts1
Main scooter: lambretta series 2

T R Youngs do me a bloody great deal on my lambrettas
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Just got my renewal from FJ and they've put me down as a garage attendant instead of a nurse, changed the engine capacity of my li150 to a 123cc even though they have it as a 186 last year and nothing about the mods ie front disc

eejits.
Donnie.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Dealt with T R Youngs for years now and have been great, if you ring your more or less answered immediately and all upgrades and agreed valuation all backed up with photos and receipts with no quibble.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

gp200ts1 wrote:T R Youngs do me a bloody great deal on my lambrettas
if this is allstyles, isnt this the firm that I think Train Driver from here couldn't get recovered in france despite apparantly having euro cover, but was told they don't recover from french motorways?
Donnie.
Train Driver

Donnie wrote:
gp200ts1 wrote:T R Youngs do me a bloody great deal on my lambrettas
if this is allstyles, isn't this the firm that I think Train Driver from here couldn't get recovered in france despite apparently having euro cover, but was told they don't recover from french motorways?
It was a clerical error on the part of the call centre that deals with breakdown/recovery.
I was covered and Gary Young of TR young sorted it the next day, and it would seem nobody is covered for recovery off of french motorways, you first call the SoS service £££££ they get you off the motorway then you can use your cover.

I've used TR youngs for about 5 or 6 years not been a problem and gary rides a scooter (to the shops :lol: :lol: ) and knows all about the mods we do to our scooters
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
shocky

i use my local broker Craig snow insurance for my gts it was £93 thats for myself and my GF who has no no claims bonus, fully comp no excess to pay, protected bonus ,legal aid, pillion cover clothing upto £350 thats both to ride anytime ebike was 158 and didnt hve half the cover i wanted
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information