scooter shootout 2015

BSSO race info, reviews, plus rider and scooter tech info.
bishop

Straightliners will not be running the Scooter Shootout in 2015, there are three reasons for this, one is the continued politics within the scooter scene and there is no way we want to continue to run the event with all the back biting from certain quarters still going on,

The second reason for not running the event is purely down to finances we have taken a loss for the last two years on this event and only made a small profit from the first two events we ran and without more support from all quarters of the scooter world it is just not possible to carry on

And thirdly we are going to implement a full or two piece leathers rule for 2015 this will have the effect of halving the entry at the shootout event as the twist and go boys would not be able to enter in there track suit bottoms and hoodys

We will still be running the X Race scooter Championship but this will be back to bracket class racing with brackets from 16.1 15.1 14.1 13.1 and a Top Scooter class

We are in talks with Frank from the Lambretta Street Racer site the only site that actively supports and helps Straightliners with scooter related events and some changes might be made to the above X Race class structure

Regards Trevor Duckworth (Straightliners)
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

That's a great shame, as I have enjoyed supporting this event over the last few years. Thanks for all your efforts, and good luck for the future.
shilloboxer

I agree great shame its a pity the (mine cruises all day at 70mph and top speed 85mph) boys didn't have a go and get the real picture what there's can actually do and believe me you would really enjoy it.
chippy

That is a great shame, I havn't missed one yet, good weekend, good people and good entertainment watching the sprints :( :(
bikegunn
Main scooter: vespa smallframe

Yep real shame. I have been to the last three and sprinted my smallie a few times. Loved it..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information