Straightliners Scooter dates for 2013

BSSO race info, reviews, plus rider and scooter tech info.
bishop

2013 DATES

Round 1 Santa Pod 7th April
Round 2 East Kirkby 21st April
Round 3 Santa Pod 4th 5th 6th May
Round 4 East Kirkby 26th May
Round 5 Santa Pod 15th 16th June Back to the Mods Shootout
Round 6 Elvington 23rd June
Round 7 York 7th July(Melbourne)
Round 8 East Kirkby 21st July
Round 9 Jurby 31st August/1st September
Round 10 Wroughton 8th September
Round 11 Elvington 21st 22nd Elvington Shootout
Round 12 Santa Pod 5th 6th Finals Double Points

9 ROUNDS TO COUNT FROM 12 INCLUDING THE SHOOTOUT EVENTS

All events are run under ACU permits

STRAIGHTLINERS X RACE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
GEARED SCOOTER CLASSES

CLASS 1 STREET LAMBRETA UP TO 210CC

CLASS 2 SUPERSTREET LAMBRETA OVER 210CC MAX 260CC

CLASS 3 STREET VESPA UP TO 190CC

CLASS 4 SUPERSTREET VESPA OVER 190CC MAX 260CC

CLASS 5 PRO STREET GEARED SCOOTERS UNLIMITED CC

CLASS 6 COMPETITION RACE SCOOTERS UP TO 210CC

CLASS 7 TOP SCOOTER RACE SCOOTERS ABOVE 210CC

CLASS 8 SPECIAL SCOOTERS WITH GEARED MOTORCYCLE ENGINES

RULES FOR ALL CLASSES

Introduction

All street scooters including Pro Street are silhouette classes, meaning the original outline look or silhouette must be like the manufacturers design. All Bodywork has to be the original shape. fibreglass or carbon fibre replacements may be used to replace steel original bodywork and panels . The original frame must be used. Wheel base must be original length. With the exception of Pro Street Class The frame loop must be original steel and as per original shape and size.
Air scoops may be fitted to panels, holes may be cut to allow the carburettor or airfilter to protrude beyond the body work. Side panels must be fitted but runner boards are optional

Pro Street Class may be levered by 2'' front and rear, but must have suspension fitted, Head stock can be like low line racer approx 4''

Tyres Must be street legal (no race tyres) suspension must be used but can be changed to modern up grade

Engine
The original manufacturers engine casings must be used in the same location as originally fitted

Cylinders
Must be of a type made for the engine (no motorcycle cylinders) and must retain the original manufactures stud spacing , No one off cylinders,
Cylinders can be modified , welding is allowed, but must be commercially available

Bore and Stroke
Must be declared in all street scooter classes at signing on up to 210cc for Lambretta and up to 190cc for Vespa and must be strictly below these limits
Lambretta above 210cc and Vespa above 190cc have a top limit of 260cc in the Super street class

Fan Cooling must be used in the street classes however the cylinder head my not be covered (optional) But the cylinder must be covered by a cylinder cowl .This is to allow larger cylinder heads to be used. Pro Street Scooter does not require cowlings of any kind but they me be fitted if desired. Water cooling is allowed in the Pro Street class only

The Flywheel cowling must be fitted in all Street classes. Flywheels can be of any type with a fan fitted for street classes. The pro street class do not require a fan to be fitted however ALL Street classes must have a flywheel generator as a power source for the lights, horn and brake light with switch. Internal rotor ignitions that do not generate power for lights are only eligible for the racing scooter classes

Fuel The petrol tank must be of the original size and shape and fitted as per the manufacturers original prostitution, Pro Street and competition classes may have any size fuel tank and any shape it must be fitted in a safe position, all fuel tanks must have a on of tap clearly marked

The Fuel used may be petrol or Avgas octane boosters are allowed, But Nitro methane and Propylene Oxide additives are not allowed

Exhausts Must have a silencer fitted and must comply with any track noise limits that are in place

MOT TAX AND INSURANCE for street classes are not required
But the scooter must be able to be presented for inspection with working lights horn and brake light and be able to pass an MOT after racing,,, any scooter that fails this test when called upon to come for inspection will have there times move up to the relevant racing class, Inspections will be random and carried out by a qualified person

CLASS 6 Competition Scooter
This class is for all scooters up to 210cc , Full race scooters or those built for sprinting , Group 4 Lambrettas and racing small frame Vespas drop straight into this class

CLASS 7 Top Scooter is for all scooters above 210cc but not above 260cc all Group 6 racing scooters and Sprint scooters drop into this class providing they are not above 260cc

CLASS 8 scooters in this class are specials primarily with motorcycle engines or scooters that do not fit into any of the above classes these scooters do not need to be street legal but must have silencers and might any track noise limit there my be

During the course of the season there will be an exclusive club set up this will be the 100MPH PLUS CLUB,, THERE ARE NO MEMBERS AT THE MOMENT

Membership is free and is open at the first round to any scooter rider going over 100mph on the 1/4 mile,, these riders will go into the club and get a certificate at the event stating there achievement these certificates will be numbered starting at number one
bishop
Site Admin
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Don't forget to add all race dates to the Scooterotica Calendar (use ProSilver Style to see/use the calendar).
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Eibar
Main scooter: Eibar TS1 1966

cracking day at east kirkby, 2 weeks to santa pod, cant wait
potato
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

yes it was a lovely sunny day with a slight side / back wind, just a pitty my exhaust stud broke away taking some of the barrel with it , Ben@af has lent me his race engine so i just might be at Santa pod. Well done to keith Hudson in the pro-street class who was back on form with a 13.89 and 94 mph runs.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Good day today at East Kirkby only marred by Keith's off on the start line resulting in a trip to hospital . Not nice to see, so get well soon mate.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

quite fancied the Santa Pod one in June but seems a bit pricey. I intended going on Saturday and camping over night, leaving mid-morning on the Sunday. I've spoke with the ticket company and the cheapest ticket is £25 plus booking fee. I explained i'd be arriving mid-afternoon Sat' and leaving the following morning (the ticket was for Sat & Sun night), but there was no alternative, not even a "day ticket" for Saturday. I realise there's plenty of entertainment and good facilities but nearly £30 for one night seems steep....count me out of this one......unless anyone knows a cheaper alternative ?
red devil

In reply to wack 63's posting about Kieth, by late afternoon we heard that his leg, caught under the scooter as he fell, was broken in two places and would require an operation to pin it in place. He was taken to Boston's Pilgrim hospital, unfortunately a long way from home.
I've no doubt it will be a while before we see him again but I wish him a speedy recovery.
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Thank you for that Frank .
steve chapman

i thought he had done some serious damage , as he seemed to be in a lot of pain
really was a nasty off
lets hope hes back up and running shortly . Steve
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

I went to the hospital after the meeting , he has broken leg in 2 places and was due to have it pinned today and will be back sprinting asap . He was just being served chocolate cake and ice cream by a fit nurse when i left :D
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information