Scawalbe Sportsman tyres

FREE tuning and maintenance info, plus links to our original tuning pages that started it all off.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Ok now Im getting a bit more steam from my Lambretta I'm thinking of upgrading the tyres from the Schwalbe classic white walls I'm currently running to something a bit safer/stickier just noticed a few sellers selling Schwalbe Sportsman 3.50x10 for £38 a pair? Am I missing something? They just seem to cheap, anyone using them? Are they any good?
Cheers guys.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Schwable make great rubber, but lousy carcasses. I and many others have had these tyres delaminate. Tyres that delaminate can be lethal, which is why I decided to stop using them after many warnings from others.

It is a shame because the Racemans were a great tyre in dry or wet.
Martin
lozmondo

agreed. i loved the original Racemans. I wouldnt use a Schwalbe now ever. Plenty of decent alternatives out there.

I like the Dunlop Scootsmart and hiedenau K61. But tyres are like 2 stroke oil, people have thier own favourites/opinions.
Scooterdude

Ah that's a damn shame, thought they sounded to good to be true.
Nerdy Norm
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 S3

Schwalbe don't make motorcycle tyres any longer, after all the problems of the last couple of years. Any that you find still for sale will be old stock. Take a look at this FB page for more info:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/330693193724049/
Lambretta LI125 Series 2, Lambretta LI150 Series 3, Lambretta J100 Cento, LML Star 150 2T
Scooterdude

Nerdy Norm wrote:Schwalbe don't make motorcycle tyres any longer, after all the problems of the last couple of years. Any that you find still for sale will be old stock. Take a look at this FB page for more info:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/330693193724049/
Jesus wept! That makes for some scary reading! Think I'll order up a pair of scootsmarts or k61s!
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

ive got the k61 on the front and rear of my lammy and they are a very good tyre, quite a thick carcass and good all round grip plus they do a high speed rating, they are not cheap, but quality never is
Scooterdude

Just checked the date stamp on my Schwalbe tyres I bought "new" last January from Glasgow Lambretta and one shows April 2012 and the other shows August 2012, so they've been kicking around for almost 4 years until I bought them, strikes me as tale of misrepresentation that.
Eibar
Main scooter: Eibar TS1 1966

Always buy my tyres based around negative forum feedback which drive prices down. running sportsmans on ts1 and p2 , seen a block tread weatherman delaminate but my sportsmans have been fine, pressures checked before rally rides .

;)
potato
Scooterdude

I'm more than happy with my Dunlop Scootsmarts that I got for £22 each on line. For me it's not worth the uncertainty of weather or not the tread will part company with the carcass just to save a few quid.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information