Mugello with 60/107 crank?

FREE tuning and maintenance info, plus links to our original tuning pages that started it all off.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Ok so after much deliberation I have finally bought a Mugello 198 kit and a 60/107 crank and a 1mm packer, will I have problems with the piston hitting the crank case or mag housing at BDC with the 107 rod ? Or should I have gone for a 60/110 and different packer?? Cheers guys.
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

You will have to fit it and see how it all works out, 60 x 110 would give you greater scope. All casings vary as do cylinders, get it right and you have a good all round motor
bazza3004

Ive had 60/107 cranks in were in one piston cleared case at bdc and in another case / build the skirt hit at bdc. The one that hit was only slight so marked up the edge of skirt (sorry cant recall what with) and this marked were on the case it was touching. I then used a dremel to take a little off the case so as the piston cleared at bdc. Iirc it was only touching on bottom edges of skirt in mine.
Lamaddict

I'm wonder if that extra 1mm both ways would really make much difference to our old 2 stroke engines. Looking forward to the Nov edition of Scootering which is looking at this predicament in the Darrell Taylor write up, 'bang for the buck'. I think that's what I read.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Lamaddict wrote:I'm wonder if that extra 1mm both ways would really make much difference to our old 2 stroke engines. Looking forward to the Nov edition of Scootering which is looking at this predicament in the Darrell Taylor write up, 'bang for the buck'. I think that's what I read.
It was covered in last month's edition. But in a nutshell you get about 3.5% extra torque from the increased lever and about 3.5% extra capacity which in turn gives you extra torque, both of which (probably) end up giving more power.

Not a life changing improvement but many a mickle maks a muckle.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information