Nylon lined cables

FREE tuning and maintenance info, plus links to our original tuning pages that started it all off.
eadmr04

Can you use ordinary inner cables with these or do they have to be a specific type of inner? is it just the outer that is lined?
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I carry ordinary inner cables in my breakdown kit,if one of my cables breaks I just replace with an ordinary inner.I havn't had any problems doing that.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

I have nylon lined cables. I had a clutch cable break a month ago, and when I pulled out the old inner to replace it, it pulled out the whole nylon inner as well.
So now it's no longer nylon lined.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Yes Dom.

I haven't come across a nylon-lined specific inner cable.
Martin
coaster

EddieStone wrote:I have nylon lined cables. I had a clutch cable break a month ago, and when I pulled out the old inner to replace it, it pulled out the whole nylon inner as well.
So now it's no longer nylon lined.
That happened to me a few weeks ago when changing a frayed clutch cable. I slid a new inner into it and the clutch was as heavy as hell, almost un rideable :? New nylon lined outer fitted and all is good again. The lesson here is not to pull badly deformed cables out without trimming the kinks and snags off first.
eadmr04

Thanks all.
Ilango
Main scooter: SIL Vijai Super

eadmr04 wrote:Can you use ordinary inner cables with these or do they have to be a specific type of inner? is it just the outer that is lined?
Hi,
Though I am not able to come up with a reason why not use ordinary inner cables with nylon lined outer, here in India Spaco makes Nylon lined cables and the inner cables are available as a separate spare.
However Spaco has named it "Ropes", rather than cables.

-Ilango
jonzo172

I've always used a spray of this when fitting too. Also use it on my pushbikes.

http://www.putoline.com/en/catalogue/pr ... uard/1903/
mr oppinionated
Main scooter: GTS300ie

The nylon lined cables I used to get from Taffspeed, where thinner and more tightly wound. I assumed that only they would fit the outers, but never had to try as they never snapped on me.

Mike
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information