Scootrs External Disc Brake - Wheel not Central

FREE tuning and maintenance info, plus links to our original tuning pages that started it all off.
Seiotoshi
Main scooter: GP225

I have received an email from Scootrs regarding the dimensions of the hub. I described my problem to them and asked for confirmation that 136mm is the correct dimension for their hub. This is their reply:-

"Yes, you have the correct measurements. I'm told it is normal to have a tight fit on these so put the right side in first (disc side) and just pull the left trailing link out a bit as you slot the axle into it."

I don't want to risk over stressing the link bushes so I've sent the rs unit back for a refund. The chaps at Beedspeed have measured one of their SPAQ pepper pot hubs and it has a spindle location width of 133m, which should slot snug into my links. So I've ordered one of those. It's more money and doesn't have anti-dive, but at least it'll fit.

Thanks for advice everyone. Incidentally, has anyone managed to fit anti-dive to the SPAQ pepper pot?
scootRS.com
Dealer

dennis wrote:Had this problem about 5 years ago,can't believe they have not cured the problem,I rode for a little while with the wheel offset with no problem but got so fed up with looking at the offset wheel i changed it for a different hub,plus the offset wheel is a possible MOT failure.
You're absolutely right and there is no issue with an offset. There never has been with the anti-dive. (There only was on one type in one batch or something of the previous type kit many years ago.)

Go over your fork links carefully, normally what it is. I'll pass along a word though to check for any change in the machining.
dennis
Main scooter: 1 gp 1 special

If the old hub sat or sits central in the forks is that not telling you it is not the links that are at fault.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information