Any thoughts on dyno software/problems?

Want to chat about dyno result or any other aspect of graphs/power/components....then post here!
Solerunner1
Main scooter: GP 190

I'm a regular on this forum and I know some of you guys have dynos and/or experience in dynos. Hoping maybe someone here can help....

I'm a lambretta tuner here in the states and we haven't got much dyno access over here. I've been offered free access to a dyno IF I can get it up and running. It's a DYNO-MITE 800. It was bought second hand from a shop that closed down. The software license is a "one-time" deal, so being that it's second hand the company won't help much.

I've played around with it a few times so far. Problem is/was, the rpm reading was through the roof (11k at idle) and reading negative hp. I adjusted the "pulses per rpm" down to 6 (thinking 6-pole electronic. It clips on the lighting wire to read rpm) and got it to read around 800-1000 rpm at idle. The first time, my ser 1 short barrel suzuki conversion would read. Somehow I got it to read positive hp, but it ran up to around 19hp. It's pretty fast, but that's got to be too high. The other day I took another bike down and couldn't get it to read positive hp except once, when it read 30 hp @ 2k. Not right! ha.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the software anyway, so i'm wondering if I can use the dyno I have, but change to a different software set up. And if so, any recommendations? This software seems overly complicated. Kinda looking for something simple and cheap that can give consistent readings. Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!!
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Will the Dyno company but sell you a new software licence? If not, just do a google search on dyno software and you'll find loads of stuff like this: http://www.dynomec.com
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Solerunner1

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it.

They will sell a new license, but for $1000 and $480 for an "interactive" training. Seems a bit steep, and in the end if they can't help us dial it all in we just wasted our money.

I did see that one program! That's a bit more what we're looking for anyway. The original software is ok, but clogged up with so many extra features that it's just going to confuse everybody. Do you think it's possible to swap over to a program like that? The dyno itself has a 5-pin type connector, not sure if that's a standard type thing or not. If i ditch their wiring harness/data aquisition block (again, completely overcomplicated), how is the absorber normally connected to the computer? Is there a standard type connection?
Solerunner1

Great, thanks for the links! Looks like they're all free downloads, so should be great to play around with!

One last mystery for me, how to connect computer to dyno. Is there a standard type connection set up that can be used?
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

Id go Dynomec unit, very good front end on software and is easy to retrofit. it also has the facility to carry out realtime fuelling with suitable controller. you want the early version of Dynomec, I've just got another unit coming to fit on a 2nd dyno I've just acquired :) pm if you want cost on unit with a/f ratio
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information