Power/Speed relationship

Want to chat about dyno result or any other aspect of graphs/power/components....then post here!
Speed Demon
Dealer

Darrell Taylor wrote:a few of the scoots ive tuned that are 35 to 38bhp are topping out at 85 to 88 mph gps with full bodywork ,the top sprint bikes full bodied are seeing from memory 92-94 mph and at scooter shotout last year i think about 85 was max seen on full body scoots
the cut downs and bsso scoots did 100mph or just over
whats interesting to find out is what lambrettas with engine transplants achieve and power output they have ? what does speed demons 6speed cr250 do? ive heard 95 97 gps ?
Best I've seen by GPS was 99.7mph when it was a 250, downhill chasing some bikes on the M1 which is frustratingly shy of a ton. It's a bit more powerful now but never had GPS when I've been nailing it. Anyway, you need to be prone or going downhill to do 100mph with less than 40hp for sure with full legshields.

As for taking off like a Le Mans car - I'm pretty sure that's not the case - Charlie Edmonds will have been around the 100mph mark around Nurburgring the other year and Tony's (less powerful but more aerodynamic) SS90 was faster than that. It doesn't make sense that there should be a theoretical barrier to make full bodywork scooters flip at 100mph - why not at 105mph or 115mph - is it 100mph just for the convenience of round numbers?
Get to SULK
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Can anyone tell me what speeds Ryan Saxelby hit on his dads scoot that first year they raced at Donnington? Was it about 3or 4 years ago and it was part of some bigger display/event at the track? My memory is shiiite, but i thought they hit some crazy top speeds on that track? Obviously i am suffering from memory failure, but i thought Ralph, Ryan and CE were all well above a tonne on that day?

Can anyone confirm that actual speeds that were recorded?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
doug

Not sure if it helps re the above question but at Snetterton over the weekend which is a faster top speed circuit than Donnington my Grp6 was revving to 9850 at the end of the straight using LI150 4th gear, 18x46, TT93.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:Can anyone tell me what speeds Ryan Saxelby hit on his dads scoot that first year they raced at Donnington? Was it about 3or 4 years ago and it was part of some bigger display/event at the track? My memory is shiiite, but i thought they hit some crazy top speeds on that track? Obviously i am suffering from memory failure, but i thought Ralph, Ryan and CE were all well above a tonne on that day?

not confirm but i was at that meeting with my auto scooter zip77 that i had josh brown riding and its gps speed was 92mph sat behind stuart days lambretta in his slipstream id guess top speed was no more than 10mph more for ryans which makes for approx 100 102 similar to what it did at elvington along with guy toppers at approx 101 from memory
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
GP240

A lad at work asked "how fast will the TS 225 go", so I say's around 70/75 gps.

He then say's "well thats not fast is it", my reply was "well when your driving at 75 down the motorway, open the sun roof and hold up a set of leg-shields, prob rip your fekin arms off prick". "oh yeah".
Old Lambretta's never die, they get tuned..................
soulsurfer

GP240 wrote:A lad at work asked "how fast will the TS 225 go", so I say's around 70/75 gps.

He then say's "well thats not fast is it", my reply was "well when your driving at 75 down the motorway, open the sun roof and hold up a set of leg-shields, prob rip your fekin arms off prick". "oh yeah".
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:Can anyone tell me what speeds Ryan Saxelby hit on his dads scoot that first year they raced at Donnington? Was it about 3or 4 years ago and it was part of some bigger display/event at the track? My memory is shiiite, but i thought they hit some crazy top speeds on that track? Obviously i am suffering from memory failure, but i thought Ralph, Ryan and CE were all well above a tonne on that day?

Don't know and wasn't there but it looked good on YouTube.Ryan was flying.I hope he gets to borrow his ol man's machine again for Elvington but geared for top speed rather than 1/4 mile.
soulsurfer

Darrell Taylor wrote:

not confirm but i was at that meeting with my auto scooter zip77 that i had josh brown riding and its gps speed was 92mph sat behind stuart days lambretta in his slipstream id guess top speed was no more than 10mph more for ryans which makes for approx 100 102 similar to what it did at elvington along with guy toppers at approx 101 from memory
Was it your own bike or did you tune Josh's bike?
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

soulsurfer wrote:
Darrell Taylor wrote:

Was it your own bike or did you tune Josh's bike?
yes was my own scooter that josh rode
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
soulsurfer

Darrell Taylor wrote:Was it your own bike or did you tune Josh's bike?
yes was my own scooter that josh rode[/quote]

I remember reading about this on the early MB facebook pages, assuming it's the same one, where he was ahead of Charlie at Lydden?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information