Power/Speed relationship

Want to chat about dyno result or any other aspect of graphs/power/components....then post here!
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

yes thats the same one , he only ever rode bikes that i owned or prepped for the 3 years he raced at bsso
year 1 my bike with stage6 graphics , year2 my bike sold to adrenaline pedstop with ad ped/polini graphics with continued race support/tuning/dyno set up for the season,year 3 continuation of year 2 but no race support and end of season following a fall out back on my own scooter for the last 2 meetings he did ,then scooter shootout with fastest 1/4 in class
the 1st scooter originated from my own zip i raced for around 7 years as 50cc and last year as 70cc endurance machine we had 3 50cc and 1 70cc uk championships and 1 50cc euro win and 70cc euro 2nd so its amassed quite a pedigree,currently taxed/tested and insured as my own road scoot
behind every part story lies a full true story!
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
soulsurfer

I'm constantly amazed at what those Zips can do, seen a couple of onboard YouTube clips too. When you say prepped, do you mean tuned?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

yes tuned! unless your referring to the 1 spare engine that i built mid season that completed just 3 races before the new stage 6 crank snapped, id marked out the crankcases with black marker pen to the style id been porting them for the previous 7 years and the cylinder i inked up and scribed out to port durations and port layouts id had best results on i let MB cut the ports on it to free me some time up and felt he needed to contribute as i was doing it all myself ,after spending a morning on the dyno setting it up i initially thought it was the best motor doing 25bhp at the crank but had fitted the new malossi 80 pipe at the same time and it was that what had yielded 3 bhp more ,when we fitted and dynoed it on my first motor it did 25.5 at the crank so proved to be the best motor after all and we completed the rest of the season on it, that motor won us the championship and amazingly had 65 hours on it by the end of the season,all this was common knowledge within the team so surprised its portrayed differently
heres another 1 i built and tuned but no mention
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBc9JGK4bAs&feature=plcp
soulsurfer

Jesus! That GTR's fast :shock:
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

it only just beats a moped though 0-60 that is
theres a rematch coming and the gtr will lose next time
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

Darrell Taylor wrote:a few of the scoots ive tuned that are 35 to 38bhp are topping out at 85 to 88 mph gps with full bodywork ,the top sprint bikes full bodied are seeing from memory 92-94 mph and at scooter shotout last year i think about 85 was max seen on full body scoots
the cut downs and bsso scoots did 100mph or just over
whats interesting to find out is what lambrettas with engine transplants achieve and power output they have ? what does speed demons 6speed cr250 do? ive heard 95 97 gps ?
I was given a right drubbing on here and nearly burned at the stake as a heretic for speaking out against all the exagerrated claims of 100 mph top speeds being bandied about.

If the 40 bhp plus needed to achieve such speeds is easy to obtain why couldn't Charlie Edmonds produce 40 bhp (with the required torque back up and tractability) . . . the guy's a genius.

Ther'es a guy claiming 93 mph in last months scootering (works at RLC) with a road tractable full bodied iron barrel . . . here we go again.
Muttley McLadd

Special X wrote:This meal is good enough for JEHOVAH
CakeAndArseParty
soulsurfer

That's the MB tuned iron barrel fitted with the 5 speed box as seen on youtube, checked on a car/van speedo ;)
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

my sprinting software(very accurate i might add) calculates 44bhp to crack 100mph genuinely
i recently plotted the jb sprinter dyno graphs on this site into the software and got the same speed and times within a couple of tenths as the lads are doing so i know its accurate
what i also tried was changes to wind speed and it showed that you can crack 100mph with less power so if you sprint regularly enough then one day you,ll get lucky
the shootout speeds were over 2 lanes 1 for 1/4 and other a longer distance for top speed so had the length to go for a good top speed run and many owners worked hard all day swapping gearboxes and ratio,s etc.
i clocked a couple of scoots in my van recently at 96mph to pull up and find there gps recorded 84mph
Special X
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special 230cc

soulsurfer wrote:That's the MB tuned iron barrel fitted with the 5 speed box as seen on youtube, checked on a car/van speedo ;)
Still quite a stretch though :mrgreen:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information