LAMBRETTA DYNO GRAPH POSTING AREA

Post your Lambretta dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
Ian Hepworth

Engine was done by MB about 10 years ago. Original AF electronic, li150 box (15/46), 28mm phbh dellorto, 175 barrel bored out to 200 and ceramic lined, stage 4 tune. Exhaust is an MB clubman I got about 15 years ago.

Really pleased with it, it pulls really well. You can just sit in 4th at 30 and wind the throttle on and it just revs on and pulls.

Broady talked me into sticking it on the dyno, he was wanting to see what a 10 year old engine with a 14 year old exhaust would do.

Red line is hp, green is torque. Not crazy hp, it just builds and builds and builds. Loads of torque right across the rev range, should pull well uphill etc.
He was pleased with it, says it would be a lovely rideable engine, should rev on to allow me to go high 70s.
poppygun
Playstation gamer tag: poppygun
Main scooter: GP200 1969

hi all this is my jb built RT220 , race tour 60mm crank, 35mm mikuni carb,19 - 46 on indian GP200 gear box
dev tour exhaust,barrel and manifold all matched and flowed,rides really great pull like a train,fuel consumption
seems to very good as well maxs are 19.64 bhp 16.65ft/lb
cheers poppygun
Attachments
3rd gear run
3rd gear run
dyno graph 032 1.jpg
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

This is my stage 4/roadtune 200 done by RS Tuning in 2001.Its only a cast barrel and still uses a standard piston although its been cleaned up.At the time of dyno it had a PWK28 and a PM.Torque peeks at 16 and hp is 19.6.It pulls 4.8 from 50mph.It was originaly done to work with Ralphs 44mm bigbore boxes so think the PM was a bit restricted to what it could rev to but Ralph gave me the option to trim the piston if needed to went in with a slightly lower inlet timing to begin with,since this dyno ive trimmed a bit of piston skirt and fitted a JL3,now it pulls even better and revs more so will deff get a PM back on there.Carb now has been changed to a 28VHST as PWK needed modifying.Not bad for a 200 iron kit.May even go for a bigger carb next or i could just leave the fuker alone as its kin reliable.
Maz

Rapido 225
Maz 60mm Crank
Delly 28mm
BGM 120 Stator
MB RaceTour 70.5mm
JL3

Rebuilt by Chalkie at Replay Scooters

Graph looks very similar to Paulmgreen (also built by Chalkie)

Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Not as sexy as you bigger boys but a good budget set up if you cant afford to break the bank and set up well by Dan:
GP200, iron barrel stage 4 Sean Brady tuned,
30mm Dellorto
122 Main
AV264
PM25 Pipe
Augusto 7000:

Blue line pre fettle and dyno, Red line final run after fettle..
Dan might add some more info to this at some point.. :D
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
john b

A few graph of waxs rb258 72x63 35tmx-franspeed race,welded casings done for grunt not sure on gearing ?

John B
Diablo
Dealer

Heres a few done last year at ours.

The cast barrels were tuned by Chris Sturgess and we were very pleased with the results.
The first one is a 200 barrel,asso piston, 30mm phbh and a devtour. The peak hp was good but was very pleased how torquey it was.
18.7hp 16ft/lb Torque pulls an sx box lovely.

The next one is a 225 conversion we did for a customer of Chris'. We bored an indian barrel and used an asso piston. Chris tuned this one as well. This is running a 28mm phbh and a clubman. Also pulls an SX box easily. I got off this one and thought what a great rally scoot this would make due to the lovely broad spead of power.

This next one is an RB done in the summer. It was a 225 that my customer wanted more power from. We took it up to a 230 using a pro porting 60mm crank with RD rod and RG500 big end. JB Tuning tuned the barrel and supplied a reworked AF head. It uses a 35mm TMX and the new type Franspeed Race pipe with larger diameter stinger that runs a little cooler. Its a bit of an animal!

Heres the comparison to its previous incarnation as a 225. Johns done a great job of giving it extra power without losing low down.

Diablo
Dealer

This is why I love GT186s . Customer came to us after having his scoot badly set up somewhere else.
The scoot was running a fresco but just wouldn't pull 4th even though it was only running 5.2 final drive.
I dynoed it as it was which is the green line.
Nothing overly wrong with it mechanically but Chris Sturgess did a little work on the exhuast port and rebuilt the top end with the correct squish and a MB head. Previous head was just an off the shelf 175 head with a 64mm squish machined into it.
Rejetted properly and big improvement which is the red line. I could see though that a big chunk of power was missing from the curve caused by the ebay bought fresco being to revy.
On my advice the customer bought a Franspeed JL3 and hey presto 18hp and 16ft/lb of torque and lots of area under the curve. Jobs a goodun :D

soulsurfer

Diablo wrote:Hi Mike. The exhaust port was reshaped and raised but not by much. Carb was a 25mm PHBL running through a remote ramair filter.
The transfer entries weren't matched as the kit was just bolted on to start with and the customer wasn't keen on me taking out his crank to do it. I think the graph shows it would probably been a waste of money anyway.
Blimey, that's interesting. Take a look at this...
Very different to the one you had in. It's my GT186 with AF Clubman, 25mmPHBL with powerjet and breatheasy filter, no matched transfers and no other work, all as Richard intended. Looks like a few tweeks and new pipe may make it fly a bit better, Dev-Tour perhaps, what do you think?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Diablo
Dealer

Heres Paul Barbers(Train Driver) RT255. Paul came up to see us the other day and it was a real pleasure to ride his scoot. Rode beautifully and seemed like a nice long distance bike.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information