GT kit Dyno graphs

Post your Lambretta dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
eden
Dealer

Martin coming to yours doesn't relate to your 186 numbers.
Any chance you can ask the 186 owner to bring it down when it's on the road?

As you sated very well, there are different settings and standards that the dyno can be set up to which is why I said I'll only be relating the the projex dyno from this day forward.
Only true comparison is the engines going on the same dyno the same day.
hp at Venlo on the site dyno gave a lower result than lincoln others have given more. Its meaningless unless it same dyno same dyno set up same day.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

not meaningless ,, most things in life have a +- tolerance so if most readings are within a few % then you can call an average
so if martins was 31 on ian embertons dynojet,,30.5 at projex dynapro and 31.5 on mine mjp at least it shows all 3 are plus or minus 0.5hp on differing days thats no bad margin ,stuart owen put his std targa on mine on site at a rally and did 21.5 from memory he said it was comparable within half hp to the 3 other dyno,s he had ran it on ,yours has been on mine ,dans and diablo,s and within a hp between them all so from that a benchmark figure was established for you at the time

? martins on mine doesnt relate to 186 , doesnt need to just checks against other 2 dynos for comparison to my mjp,,although i had 2 customers dyno there scooters at york on ians and read within half hp of my readings a few weeks earlier ...
? gt186 ask him to come to projex dyno ,you state below has to be same day and above how does that relate to others then ?
? all meaningless unless same dyno same day, so why are you asking him to go take his scoot ?

which one is it all 3 are conflicting

ive found most dynos to be within a few % if you take time to set tyre pressures ,check the correction factors to be comparable ,then make sure the weather station settings/barometric conditions are accurate ,bbc weather has area info as well as a mobile barometer between sites/room enviromental change helps weed out differences
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
eden
Dealer

Not conflicting at all as I meant I would take a few the same day if he did bring it down.

I just thought it would be a bit of fun and if that 186 did hit over 30 bhp there it would inspire me. :)

from memory after I went on Alans the same day I went on yours you changed the correction factor for my runs on yours after seeing the graph from Alans, still they were very similar though.

No problem if your reluctant to come and have a fun day in sunny Brum though. We had a fantastic day on Saturday and saw graphs ranging from a Gas Gas motor doing 10 bhp which was a good laugh as we all had a sweepstake on what it would make and everyone was miles off due to how well the gas gas rode on the road, to over 30 bhp and everything in between.

Out of interest how come your mate uses projex rather than your dyno?
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

he is south of brum and i was busy so he started using them,,when yours ran on mine we did first run and the back wheel fell off so threw me when i went to computer it was set to sae correction factor on start up ,,i use j1479 which is dynojet equivalent so swapped ikt to that after id realised the error
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
shamrockexpress

shamrockexpress wrote:Myself and my mate Ian have a GT project up and running we are building a 186 and a 200 alongside each other so will be interesting to see comparisons over the coming year looking at speed,power,reliability and out right abuse................ :)
ENGINE 1
LI S125 which is the original casing for my 69 GP (currently have a stage 4 200 motor in but after seeing the capabilities of the 186 in scootering GT dyno test it seemed a good idea to reunite engine with frame) spec is new gt 186 kit porcupine head exhaust port lifted .8
transfers matched to casings, crank is black italian webs with 110 GT rod kit and packer plate, Darrell taylor bearing and seal kit ,bgm stator fixed at 17 deg until kehpers are available with af 1.8kg flywheel, will run this engine in with a JL3 and 28mm delly then later on change over to ADS race and 32mm mikuni(thats the plan) gearing li150 at 16 x 47,clutch readspeed 5 plate with GT springs, scootopia engine mounts and uni rear hub. End goal will be a nippy 9000 reving lightweight GP getting plenty of abuse over short runs

ENGINE 2
SIL 200 casings in its original indian gp200 this scooter will be built for everyday roadwork and commuting useing an out of the box std GT200 kit with matched casings/transfers useing a black web mecur 58 /107 std crank, darrell taylor bearing and seal kit , sil fixed ignition 17 deg (maybe 18) 2.5 kg flywheel, 28mm delly and AF clubman ( maybe a super tourer or taffspeed after running in), gp 200 box and 18x47 so hoping to acheive a good strong pulling engine with reliability being the key factor .

Should be finished over the xmas holidays will keep updated!!!!!!!!!!

the start........

spec

bgm 120 watt stators with AF 2.0kg flywheel timing 1.6mm btdc 17deg
cleaning up a readspeed 5 plate clutch kit which is working well.
setting timing and transfers 127 and 180 exhaust
I use semi-hardening DELTA gasket cement between all surfaces were possible.
i use it lightlely which doesnt really make any height differences.
Dont forget to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!bit of locktight and delta sealant on top.
Torqued to 18 lb. with spring washers ,extended nuts all on extra long cylinder studs.
most important good kickstart components to kick this baby over!!!!
ian just closing up the 200 for what we thought was the last time,,,,,,,,
s**t were does this shim go :mrgreen:

TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rear view.............
piece of ART :D

Image :D
My he looks knackered,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so would you after 2 cups of tea and 4 kit kats

hopefully this link works
https://youtu.be/73LyY2xl2aQ
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

Have they been started up yet?
shamrockexpress

200 miles on the 186 and 100 on the 200 i must say two different engines all together, i,m more impressed with the 200 personally speaking its very smooth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
both start easy and pull well, jetting for 200 as per your spec, the 186 is easily useing a 130 main at present.
Train Driver

My GT 200 using a mito 60mph crank, bgm clubman and 30mm phbh Image

TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
kejj

What jetting do you have on the phbh?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information