GT kit Dyno graphs

Post your Lambretta dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
eden
Dealer

f@@k knows. I didn't remove them.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Nothing been edited this end. Feel free to re-post.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
shamrockexpress

Myself and my mate Ian have a GT project up and running we are building a 186 and a 200 alongside each other so will be interesting to see comparisons over the coming year looking at speed,power,reliability and out right abuse................ :)
ENGINE 1
LI S125 which is the original casing for my 69 GP (currently have a stage 4 200 motor in but after seeing the capabilities of the 186 in scootering GT dyno test it seemed a good idea to reunite engine with frame) spec is new gt 186 kit porcupine head exhaust port lifted .8
transfers matched to casings, crank is black italian webs with 110 GT rod kit and packer plate, Darrell taylor bearing and seal kit ,bgm stator fixed at 17 deg until kehpers are available with af 1.8kg flywheel, will run this engine in with a JL3 and 28mm delly then later on change over to ADS race and 32mm mikuni(thats the plan) gearing li150 at 16 x 47,clutch readspeed 5 plate with GT springs, scootopia engine mounts and uni rear hub. End goal will be a nippy 9000 reving lightweight GP getting plenty of abuse over short runs

ENGINE 2
SIL 200 casings in its original indian gp200 this scooter will be built for everyday roadwork and commuting useing an out of the box std GT200 kit with matched casings/transfers useing a black web mecur 58 /107 std crank, darrell taylor bearing and seal kit , sil fixed ignition 17 deg (maybe 18) 2.5 kg flywheel, 28mm delly and AF clubman ( maybe a super tourer or taffspeed after running in), gp 200 box and 18x47 so hoping to acheive a good strong pulling engine with reliability being the key factor .

Should be finished over the xmas holidays will keep updated!!!!!!!!!!

the start........

Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

heres a few graphs of a few gt kit set ups ive been playing with of late ,with some pipe set ups got them pulling from the off with better than clubman torque and power delivery,,,, then on a race type pipe making 30 plus bhp / yet doing 22-23 table top tq graphs,thats with peak power at a low 7500 rpm on the race pipe set up so more to come yet, ignition is still std indian static at 16 degrees

feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
eden
Dealer

I'll post a few graphs at some point when a few of the GT'S that were on the dyno Saturday have had individual dyno sessions on the dyno we are now using. Saturdays runs where just power runs with touring set ups as they are used all year for mile munching not played with on the dyno to produce max figures.
Same applies for the 9 other lambrettas with various kits/tunes on the day but the GT 230's produced more power than the TS230's on the day. The standard GT200 matched the TS225'S and my 250 did well too.
Since finding this non scooter related eddy brake dyno locally I'll be only comparing graphs on this dyno as many of the motors on there on Saturday have been on various other scooter dynos before and all got 10% lower results on this dyno.
eden
Dealer

Another well known scooter was there also that has mid 30 bhp results on other dynos was down to 30 on this one ;)
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

eden wrote:I'll post a few graphs at some point when a few of the GT'S that were on the dyno Saturday have had individual dyno sessions on the dyno we are now using. Saturdays runs where just power runs with touring set ups as they are used all year for mile munching not played with on the dyno to produce max figures.
Same applies for the 9 other lambrettas with various kits/tunes on the day but the GT 230's produced more power than the TS230's on the day. The standard GT200 matched the TS225'S and my 250 did well too.
Since finding this non scooter related eddy brake dyno locally I'll be only comparing graphs on this dyno as many of the motors on there on Saturday have been on various other scooter dynos before and all got 10% lower results on this dyno.

be good to get them up for a look , be nice to have a go with one of those gt200 kits myself ,these graphs are just the small block motors -gt186 kits ive tuned running 25mm carbs on safe afr of 12-1 for touring ,correction factors are displayed and are as can be seen low reading on these runs .
eden
Dealer

Darrell Taylor wrote:
eden wrote:I'll post a few graphs at some point when a few of the GT'S that were on the dyno Saturday have had individual dyno sessions on the dyno we are now using. Saturdays runs where just power runs with touring set ups as they are used all year for mile munching not played with on the dyno to produce max figures.

be good to get them up for a look , be nice to have a go with one of those gt200 kits myself ,these graphs are just the small block motors -gt186 kits ive tuned running 25mm carbs on safe afr of 12-1 for touring ,correction factors are displayed and are as can be seen low reading on these runs .
ye interesting but I prefer 10.5-1 on cast iron :) 12-1 is lean for touring!
I wasn't implying your readings there are high, just that from the variations ive seen lately on different dynos I've decided its no use comparing graphs from different ones, maybe you could bring one of those 186's down to the midlands and put it on this dyno just to get a comparison. be interesting :)
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

i cant get them to rev past 5000 rpm on 10.5-1 bosch lambda readings or travel more than a few miles without oiling a plug ???
eden
Dealer

Darrell Taylor wrote:i cant get them to rev past 5000 rpm on 10.5-1 bosch lambda readings or travel more than a few miles without oiling a plug ???
odd! :?

tbh my 250 on Saturday was off the scale rich as his scale begins at 10-1 lol
Martins twin pipe targa was very lean on one side up around 15-1 :( hes lucky he can test each carb unlike normal targas with one pipe.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information