RAPIDO 42 BHP to start with.

Post your Lambretta dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

unfortunately it didnt go to well at East kirkby, i did a couple of runs taking it easy to get use to it then one of the exhaust studs ripped from the barrel (one of the problems with the rapido if exhaust port is opened to much),but i still manged a 14.7 and 91 mph. its now in to possibly have a alu flange welded to the barrel this will give me more options to play with a more suitable exhaust stud/exhaust.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Already beat my best... and that's with your exhaust hanging off!

Sounds promising for the future.

Adam
Yanker

fairspares wrote:unfortunately it didnt go to well at East kirkby, i did a couple of runs taking it easy to get use to it then one of the exhaust studs ripped from the barrel (one of the problems with the rapido if exhaust port is opened to much),but i still manged a 14.7 and 91 mph. its now in to possibly have a alu flange welded to the barrel this will give me more options to play with a more suitable exhaust stud/exhaust.
Punching above my weight/preaching to the converted here no doubt. But watch for bore distortion when welding one: it's all too easy. :oops:

So impressed with the performance you have wrung from the kit. How is the torque delivery? or no fractions of a second to feel that down the strip?

Hope the drive train holds-up for a full season and the exhaust flange works out. Looking forward to the next installment!
fairspares

AF Rayspeed sponsor me so its in with Ben to work some magic , hes going to try welding a knacked barrel first see how that comes out, if not he going to try adding another stud, somehow? to be honest i didnt really get to give the bike a trashing , i wanted to see how it handled and was just getting a feel for it when the exhaust started blowing then when i removed the exhaust thats when the stud fell out. hopefully be back at East kirkby end of May round 4. It has potential for 45+ bhp with just the right pipe but as you say can the clutch and gearbox take it. It certainly will be pushing components the limits.
fairspares

Thanks to Ben@af exhaust port now sorted out and reshaped , head reprofiled and a few more little tweeks , ive had it running but will only get time saturday afternoon to jet up , hopefully be out at Elvington on sunday for the next straightliners round.

Adam_Winstone

Nice repair :)
fairspares

Adam_Winstone wrote:Nice repair :)
yes Adam , Bens done a really good job on it , not sure if this has been done to a rapido before ? Got a couple of different size stubs made which will now give me options to have a suitable pipe made. Engine now in my full cutdown sprinter ready for tomorrow , i done a 13.4 sec 1/4 with Bens rb engine a couple of weeks back at East kirkby , now looking at joining the infamous 12 sec club :D
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

Loads o metal round the zorst port; d'ya think y might get heat retention probs cus of it?
C’est la vie
Adam_Winstone

Good luck. I'm rooting for you to get into that 12s bracket :)
fairspares

Muppet wrote:Loads o metal round the zorst port; d'ya think y might get heat retention probs cus of it?
dont really know at this point , maybe the more alloy area will reduce heat? i have looked into this just in case and have made up a head scoop from a carbon bike screen that will push some fresh air up around the exhaust stub area but cant fit until i get new pipe made .
just checked out met office and its looking like a strong head wind tomorrow :cry:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information