RAPIDO 42 BHP to start with.

Post your Lambretta dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
Ken Tucky

Looking good Shaun.
You might need a chest pad on the headset with that power!
Mr Tucky
willwander

Awesome power and lovely looking graph.
Already fastest man at over a 100mph on a Vespa PX and now hopefully on a Lambetta.
Lumpy Custard strikes again.
standing mile: 118.6mph
1/4 mile: 14.04 seconds - 93mph
Dryballs

Muttley McLadd wrote:That's a lovely colour. Is it green or yellow in daylight?
It's the same colour as your lacquered snail isn't it?
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Excellent result. When are you posting the port timings and port map? Lol ;0)
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

:twisted: Mahoosively great muchness on yer power graphs :twisted: y must be runin a wide exorst port? tis bridged? a steel linered pot with a Floating bridge?
C’est la vie
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

Been to the dyno again this afternoon and the franspeed will not let this setup rev much over 9k , we tried a race pipe but that just wouldnt let the engine rev so now need to look at getting one made to suit. sorry i cant give away the port timings etc but i can say its nothing ott, no bridging of the exhaust port but yes wide,ish. Transferes are standard and only cleaned up then matched to casings, i have gone for a slightly different approached in the way the inlet flows into the transferes around the casings that combined with all the other work seems to be working so far.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

how did u get on today Shaun , did it make the 45 ?
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
fairspares

No Darrell just tipped over 42 then dropped at 9000 , im over the moon with whats its got now but would have liked it a little higher up the rev range, im not sure how much the clutch and gearbox will take as it is, so i think its best to just do a few meetings and test it out first. its ok having loads of power but if i cant launch it from the line under control it aint going to be quick.
By the way Darrell have you done any testing with and without the reed stuffer in the v force reed block?
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

im over the moon for you too great result by all concerned,hope the weather and wind is with u at the weekend and u should see some great times and speeds,whats it tip the scales at now?i guess 80kg

interesting stats from last shootout

lightweight gp 4 with 30bhp lightweight but std aero package
your superlight sprinter with was it 24bhp very lightweight improved aero package
erics rb250 42 bhp 125kg very heavy std aero package

all made similar times/speeds at the shootout so the gp 4 weight drop was worth around 12bhp
and the extra weight drop and improved aero was worth near 18 bhp

so really keen to see what yours will do in the light chassis,improved aero set up
should have been there too but at mallory this weekend ,think i might make the next date without it clashing,im building a sprint light li125 too that should be done mid season

the vforce likes a matching carb size approx 35mm so on your 39 may like a bigger stuffer opening not tried back to back ,but seen improvements from stuffing reeds so think will be a loss removing it alltogether
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
fairspares

Your right it weighs around 82 kgs , its been going through my mind to put it in the lightweight frame for this coming sunday , especially as the rear panel/footboard legs which is where i put my feet have already started to crack on both sides and need welding. will do some testing next week without reed stuffer, as its only thrashed through the 4 gears and kepted in high revs wondered what difference this would make? look forward to seeing your comp sprinter out with the sorts of power that is being produced at the moment will some of the long standing sprint records be beat? be nice to join the 12 sec club.

Ryan Saxelby......12.70.......Elvington 2002?
Keith Terry........12.70....... 104mph Sculthorpe.
Stuart Owen.......12.71 ?
James Campen ... 12.72 ....@ 99.6 mph ... scooter shootout Elvington 15th sept 2012.
Darren Scott.... ..12.74.......Melbourne 12th May 2002.
Darren Hawkins...12.81.......100.68 mph Santa Pod 1999.
Trev Harrison.....12.82.......104mph Santa Pod.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information