race rapido 225

Post your Lambretta dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

race rapido 225 kit ports just polished and matched using 28mm koso pwk and sorpion exhaust. 3rd gear run.

1st graph show a standard race rapido 225, 70mm bore , 58 stroke with ports just smoothed out and matched . 2nd graph
same barrell inlet opened and exhaust port widened and raised using 34mm koso pwk and franspeed race. asso piston with 3mm off inlet side. 3rd gear run.
Last edited by fairspares on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

good results there shaun from a mild fettle,is this your current sprint motor in the lightweight
how did it go at melbourne
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
fairspares

Hi Darrell , i didnt make it to Melbourne (York raceway). The graphs show my first attempt at barrell porting a few years ago , no marking out or checking timings then, just a dremell and away i went. My old sprint motor was built by Ben @ af , he is now building me another engine for next season for the lightweight frame . With the help of Tony ( yellow vespa px) we have now started to have a play with the old sprint rapido engine , thats what the v - force reeds were for and what a big difference they made over the bgm type. I got Ben to convert it to a road engine but have changed my mind, im more than likely going to put it into a full frame , its looking like quite a few people will be returning or starting sprinting on full bodied scooters next year so could be a good year.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

glad to hear its worked well for you
i like the full bodied class(is that a class or a gentlemens agreement)

im a bit lost with it all and feel there should be a common set of rules in the various sports
at the moment if you build a race scoot or sprinter its eligibility changes whereever you go or so it seems
i believe but may be wrong there are lots of different rules,ive not checked for a while

scooter shootout
below 200 above 200 road legal or road legal capable but anything goes so in reality this years could have had a cutdown with a cr250 top end racing against full bodied std ts1,s

sprint records meetings
various classes and sets a pretty good standard

100mph scooter
not sure on current rules are they correct as per the website

X RACE
not sure on rules is it as per scooter shootout

BSSO
if building for bsso only rules are well established although if you take it to a sprint meeting some meets cover bsso machines but these machines dont always fall in line with the various sprint meets rules

how frustrating is this you build a scoot and wanna try it at different events to find its eligibility is all over the place
im in the process of building a scoot and im gonna have to read all 4 to check what can / cant be done then may need to change parts or set ups depending on where it goes

i think the safe choice is build to records meeting rules but for that i think the fully cut down scoots are classed as motorcycles ?????

what do you think
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
Eibar
Main scooter: Eibar TS1 1966

Straightliners and X race is bracket racing, so different classes have sort of gone out the window. A number of straightliner events we have been made up to see 1 other lammy to compete with, I hope you are right about more new contenders for next season
potato
fairspares

100mphscooter did have a good set of rules 20010/11 but some rule changes for 2012 which quite a few where not happy about plus the disagreement between Pete (100mph) and Trevor ( straightliners) meant most decided to have a rest this year. Because of the fall in numbers Straightliners decided to just do bracket time classes for 2012 . I spoke with a few at the shootout who competed on lambrettas in the over 200 street class and most said they will be returning for next year. with regards to the rules there is a bit of a gentlemens agreement between us , we all want to go faster so as long as its looks like a full bodied lambretta anything else goes eg fibreglass or carbon panels or loop, frame lightening as many holes as you can drill with out it falling apart ;)
Wayne Miller
Main scooter: Vespa 50 Special (Rotax Proto)

fairspares wrote:as long as its looks like a full bodied lambretta anything else goes
I like the idea of that rule Shaun and to tell you the truth thats the rule Im trying to apply with my smallframe :)

ie heres ya scooter make it go fast as fook, dont care what you do to it just make it go faster

I'm not really bothered what class I'm in and Im not really bothered if my scooters faster or slower than anybody else's.

What I am bothered about is making it go faster than it did the last time.

Actually I'll rephrase that. What I am bothered about is getting it ready for April next year!!!!! :) :) :) :)
Stay tuned..............
gadgetman

Bracket racing is the best way of killing the sport !
fairspares

Race Rapido fast road , 72mm bore, 58 stroke ,franspeed race pipe ,37mm koso, 10.8/1 comp head, 1.2mm squish, timings: standard transferes 130 with casings matched 240 inlet , 189 exhaust, fitted with reed block and single boost port , green line with bgm rd reeds 23.2 bhp , blue line straight swap for v force rd 350 block 26.3 bhp , red line slight fiddle with jetting 28 bhp , il put up the torque figures when i can find the graph.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

fairspares wrote:Image
Race Rapido fast road , 72mm bore, 58 stroke ,franspeed race pipe ,37mm koso, 10.8/1 comp head, 1.2mm squish, timings: standard transferes 130 with casings matched 240 inlet , 189 exhaust, fitted with reed block and single boost port , green line with bgm rd reeds 23.2 bhp , blue line straight swap for v force rd 350 block 26.3 bhp , red line slight fiddle with jetting 28 bhp , il put up the torque figures when i can find the graph.
Is this your sprint motor?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information