TUNED AVANTI TT3 30+

Post your Lambretta dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

Happy New Year all,

With work and poor weather behind us i managed to fire all my vehicles up yesterday and took the Avanti for a Blast!

After upping pilot jet and tweaking there is no real noticeable power drop at low end compared to standard ( Dyno done b4 jetting change).

Gearing wise its running Li 150 4.99 ratio and pulls well in top gear from low revs and also a nice lazy ride in urban areas

Surprisingly the 4 plate std type clutch with special springs is coping well all though a little heavier on operation than AF 6 plate but does not slip at present.

Looking forward to the sprinting and rally season

Sash
Lambretta Sash
Dealer

May Update

The 4 plate did start to slip even with big bike springs in, however was using nipple type spider and it fused to clutch cam in end, so GP type casing is put on with 6 plate clutch. Was hoping to have Cyclone in but that will have to wait for now. Also put the inspection camera into engine for a look and all seems fine with no issues on plating, bridge or BGM crank.

Also took advantage of changing gearing to std LI set up 15 x 46 (5.21)to see how another tooth of front would perform

Only been local so far :D
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Sash,

How are you getting on with this engine?

Adam
Lambretta Sash
Dealer

Adam_Winstone wrote:Sash,

How are you getting on with this engine?

Adam
Hi Adam,
all is good with engine and running fine :) built this July 2012 and thrashed it to be fair, only real hassles have been af clutch gave up at elvington due to poor manufacture had 50% area on lower pressure plate, slots in bell for clutch ears tapered and recess in teeth not deep enough. Ended up with mec crown wheel, surflex 4 plate with llw springs and holds power fine and easy on hand. 2nd major issue was exhaust, rear bracket snapped back from mersea and although Mr Francis replaced, it did cause other issues such as looser stub mounting, crack where tail pipe joins main pipe and main bracket has split. Other than rebuilding forks its still running sweet :) temptation is to push it further given its ability to shift heat
Adam_Winstone

Thanks for the update. Mine is still going well too (Avignon and daily commuter use) but, like you say, the temptation is still there to muck about with it :) The performance is fine in standard form and me mucking about with it will probably result in me losing more than I gain (!) but I'm still itching to see this kit show what it can do in other roles/configurations :)

Cheers for now,

Adam
Lambretta Sash
Dealer

Rite we've had this beauty apart for maintenance and gotta say all is good with minimal wear to rings and bore :) also changed gearbox li 150 to af close ratio, reworked the af clutch so it actually works ( filing crown wheel slots and new lower plate as original one was cap from new and had approx 50% contact area) new engine mounts, rebuilt forks and wheels are perfectly in line after much tinkering ;) last part is to rework exhaust flange as its so sloppy and a pig to seal, i have made up ones for rb franspeed with great success. The franspeed avanti pipe needs to be modified on pipe itself as stub end of pipe isn't perfectly round but hey I'll get there :)
Adam_Winstone

Another year and mine is still running so well (that's done it) that I've not even had it apart to check ring gap, etc. The old 'If it aint broke' adage is the one that I'm sticking to :)

Done anything more to yours? I noted your 'tempted' comment (likewise) and wondered whether you'd given in?

Cheers for now,

Adam
Lambretta Sash
Dealer

After last years shootout and getting 4th in class I'm happy with it, handling is sorted out with no hands at 80mph :) so gonna leave alone apart from maybe a change of pipe to try and gain little mph. It's a tried and tested engine of 3 yrs now and raising the power further needs consideration of parts and time. I've been trying to get a rapido 250 motor finished for this year.
I'm always curious what others are doing and will have an weekend in summer for like minded people with top speed/hp challenge
Adam_Winstone

Nice.
coaster

Sash, I need to get mine over to you for a Dyno session sometime, it's done around 4k miles now and is reliable but it doesn't run as nice as Peach's which I believe you set up?

Colin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information