TS1 245 38bhp / 26.14 ft.lbs

Post your Lambretta dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

OK, keep your wig on. :lol:

I must have misunderstood your remarks:

"id recently purchased and fitted an untested road exhaust when i tested it for the first time at the mallorry pre season test day its stinger diameter prooved too small for the power output of my race motor "

and the later comment: "stingers are pretty basic in standard form but sonic nozzles add more complexity,the stinger was fully welded in and not exposed until i cut it open "

I took this to mean you were using off the shelf Lambretta pipes which had sonic stingers, which is why I questioned it. I suppose because this is a Lambretta & Vespa based forum, and the thread is about a Lambretta engine.

Didn't realise you were referring to non-Lambretta applications, i'll try to keep up in future. :roll:
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

To be fair Darrel this is a lambretta topic and all of a sudden you talk about sonic stingers that you admit to being inside non- lambretta pipes.
We are not talking 50cc pipes for whatever application but about 38 hp ts motors.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Tom Russell

Darrell Taylor wrote:ps this post was about a specific ts1245 ,well used to be ,bit off topic now
Yep, might have gone a "bit off topic" but still very interesting, you guys really know your stuff, I find these "race proven" results incredible - keep up the good work, and keep chatting about it on this forum!! :D
Spanish Fly
Main scooter: P200e

Darrell Taylor wrote:welded big ear casings
Darrell.
You obviously know what your doing with regard to transfer porting at the business end, i.e. entering the cylinder bore. What is your opinion of grossly enlarging transfer feed etc. in an attempt to mimic more modern designs? Do you think it would yeild noticable gains if you were to employ similar techniques combined with what you are currently doing?? :)
Great thread BTW!

SF
Speed Demon
Dealer

To be fair it's coming across as a Darrell-baiting session.

Tony is suggesting that Darrell should develop pipes when to be fair his bike is already winning when it finishes, so why the need? Racing becomes dull for everyone when the leading bike clears off into the distance.

I love this scoot for the fact that it proves that you don't need all the tech that everyone claims you need to make such power and do so well. This is current air-cooled road scooter technology winning at race meetings, and if that upsets the apple cart, then so what? What Darrell is doing is finding out what the limits are of road stuff and that is all useful info - i.e. which rods snap and which flywheels fall apart. Those that race using bike-based cranks and ignitions really can't help the road riding community much because the parts will never filter down to production.

You'd also think that the race results would shut up the your-dyno-reads-higher-than-this-dyno whingers too, but apparently not.
Get to SULK
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Well group 6 is a no limits race class more or less. Its about pushing the limits. I don't see why you should restrict yourself. I get the 'trying with what's available' part but not sure that's what group 6 racing is about. Now the pipe is a hybrid so already it's heading into a bespoke pipe.
Darrel has done a fantastic job sticky. Its impressive what he has done.
Not baiting him at all. Just curious why he didn't go all out to begin with by making a bespoke pipe.
But now I know he us pushing road parts I have my answer.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
joespeed

Speed Demon wrote:To be fair it's coming across as a Darrell-baiting session.

Tony is suggesting that Darrell should develop pipes when to be fair his bike is already winning when it finishes, so why the need? Racing becomes dull for everyone when the leading bike clears off into the distance.

I love this scoot for the fact that it proves that you don't need all the tech that everyone claims you need to make such power and do so well. This is current air-cooled road scooter technology winning at race meetings, and if that upsets the apple cart, then so what? What Darrell is doing is finding out what the limits are of road stuff and that is all useful info - i.e. which rods snap and which flywheels fall apart. Those that race using bike-based cranks and ignitions really can't help the road riding community much because the parts will never filter down to production.

You'd also think that the race results would shut up the your-dyno-reads-higher-than-this-dyno whingers too, but apparently not.
well said mr speed demon.
darrel has already developed many 'add ons' which have led to the build up of many high horse power scooters i'm sure there will be more to come from this stable,that is if he is allowed to continue without all the doubt and bickering ,he is one of few dyno operators that come on here to show what can be achieved,lets hope we dont lose him back to the 50cc bikes where he developed a lot of his techniques from,
i think by the end of this season he will have cracked the 50 hp mark.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

8-) keep doin wot y doin Darrel; y already made a believer out o me 8-)
C’est la vie
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

tony wrote:To be fair Darrel this is a lambretta topic and all of a sudden you talk about sonic stingers that you admit to being inside non- lambretta pipes.
We are not talking 50cc pipes for whatever application but about 38 hp ts motors.
as you state tony its a ts1 38bhp.....thread
i didnt bring stingers / pipes etc or my race scoot as subject matter into this thread others did and im left with the job of replying,i didnt mention 50 pipes,you mentioned off the shelf pipes with sonic nozzles and i replied that they were available if you want to be specific then be specific with your question ,now because your a vespa man if i presumed everything in the way you do then i would have presumed(as you do) you were referring to vespa pipes but then id be wrong again,but as i know your question was non specific using the term pipes then i have to answer non specific and as you and others started to wander off topic which is ok then when i do it isnt ok ??????????????????????? w.t.f. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ps im at doncaster not lydden mate! :lol: :lol: :lol:
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

Muppet wrote:8-) keep doin wot y doin Darrel; y already made a believer out o me 8-)

cheers bud
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information