TS1 245 38bhp / 26.14 ft.lbs

Post your Lambretta dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
gadgetman

All I can say is that if all these high bhp figures are correct then it indicates that how a bike performs on a dyno bears little or no resemblance to how it goes on the road ,
leaving rider skill out of the equation by just observing how a supposedly very high 30's bhp bike struggles to keep up with one that has 25 bhp when accelerating onto and racing along a duel carriageway so loosing out on both acceleration and top speed. Now I know too well that sometimes riders exaggerate what power their bikes have and that's something the dyno operator can do nothing about but without mentioning any names this is a bike dynoed by 'a tuner that posts on this forum' and watching it perform against the other bike as it did was what prompted my earlier post on page 9.
Spanish Fly
Main scooter: P200e

gadgetman wrote:without mentioning any names this is a bike dynoed by 'a tuner that posts on this forum' and watching it perform against the other bike as it did was what prompted my earlier post on page 9.
Gadgetman.
So the above mentioned tuner with no name is "fudging" (your word not mine) his dyno results? :shock:

SF
Ferdyfoo

Who is the tuner? Is it Darrel, drunkmunkey or someone else?
If its not Darrel why mention it in this topic?
RICSPEED

i'm thinking this is getting a little confusing and bouncing to and fro from topic to off topic who said what when etc

can we draw a line under this and start over ?
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

[quote="gadgetman"]All I can say is that if all these high bhp figures are correct then it indicates that how a bike performs on a dyno bears little or no resemblance to how it goes on the road ".

totally disagree, you shouldnt just be looking at the top bhp figure but also the amount of torque and the spread of power over the rev range, this and the gearbox ratios and final drive will give you a very good idea of how it will perform on the road or track , and thats where a dyno helps in altering things to suit what you or the customer wants from the engine.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
rocho68
Dealer

[quote="gadgetman"]All I can say is that if all these high bhp figures are correct then it indicates that how a bike performs on a dyno bears little or no resemblance to how it goes on the road ,

i havent posted on here for several months due to work but also the so called "keyboard experts" talking out there backsides on every topic they feel free to offer there very opinionated advice on subjects they have no understanding of (not !! ) there are people on here who try to make a difference and are constantly knocked back for sharing there ideas and at best are berated for it me included , i cant no longer be bothered to try and explain the laws of physics etc and i would assume others feel the same way , the way people pass judgement on work and results without fact is shocking in my view and again deprives the genuine folk who are interested how things work !!! as for the above comment , if the gentleman above wishes to meet me on the local duel carriageway on a 25bhp bike against my high 30bhp " a tuner " one , then i would be more than grateful for him to post the results for everyone to see ;)

as for people saying darrel should push the boundaries and go the whole hog then heres stage two of my engine ........

See you all in six months ;)
Ferdyfoo

rocho68 wrote:
gadgetman wrote:All I can say is that if all these high bhp figures are correct then it indicates that how a bike performs on a dyno bears little or no resemblance to how it goes on the road ,

i havent posted on here for several months due to work but also the so called "keyboard experts" talking out there backsides on every topic they feel free to offer there very opinionated advice on subjects they have no understanding of (not !! ) there are people on here who try to make a difference and are constantly knocked back for sharing there ideas and at best are berated for it me included , i cant no longer be bothered to try and explain the laws of physics etc and i would assume others feel the same way , the way people pass judgement on work and results without fact is shocking in my view and again deprives the genuine folk who are interested how things work !!! as for the above comment , if the gentleman above wishes to meet me on the local duel carriageway on a 25bhp bike against my high 30bhp " a tuner " one , then i would be more than grateful for him to post the results for everyone to see ;)

as for people saying darrel should push the boundaries and go the whole hog then heres stage two of my engine ........

well said that man :)

interesting bit of kit!

ps, admin, if you want me off here just ban me don't just mess about changing my password.
Muttley McLadd

Ferdyfoo wrote: ps, admin, if you want me off here just ban me don't just mess about changing my password.
PEBCAK?
CakeAndArseParty
RICSPEED

rocho68 wrote:
gadgetman wrote:All I can say is that if all these high bhp figures are correct then it indicates that how a bike performs on a dyno bears little or no resemblance to how it goes on the road ,

a wicked piece of work that
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
MattsDad

This is great, like being a school; similar to the other infrequent poster, this debate is nonsense because of ignorance of what bhp is. I'd like 100 bhp thanks; read up and transpose the formulae working backwards with all the other considerations of making your engine optimum for its use!
COCKSPEED TUNING
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information