TS1 245 38bhp / 26.14 ft.lbs

Post your Lambretta dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Muppet wrote:I read it twice before I got it I think he's saying when it's sitting at 30 it feels like another motor would a 5500 and pulls away as it would if doing 5500 revs but In reality it's pulling less than 3000 but moves away just as easily,
muppet,
yes, thats what i thought, but the graph doesnt show anything below 4500rpm and the power doesnt start to lift until 5500rpm so i was confused :?

I'm sure Darrell will clarify.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

my fault making 2 seperate statements in 1 paragraph
thats about right speed/gearing dan,

at 30mph it still has 10bhp and 12 torque with no wind resistance and a clean carburation set up
so sits in town traffic lovely at low speed and pulls thru with no issues/4 stroking etc. (so the owner tells me)

the 5000/5500 useable limit is more related to high speed gears when aerodynamics take effect and makes 3rd to 4th when running 90mph gearing too bigger gap to pull easily

ive found every decent hp big engine displays an off pipe trait between 4k and 5k of showing 14bhp/15tq that you just dont get on a straight 225 even chris,s 39bhp ts1225 fails to achieve that off pipe power that a stroked motor does which makes the big motors so nice to ride
im on with a few big motors at the moment with different stroke and bore combinations so interesting times ahead to see how they do
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
GP240

hmmm, got me thinking here about "off pipe".

is this when the pipe's characteristics/shape start to work with the power band?

Dan, you set-up/dyno'd me GP with TS1-225 and PM30 fat mamba, not the same tune as Darrells haha, but this also runs very low rpm at 30 and will pull thru to higher revs over a period of time. But if accelerating hard thru the box I have a massive flat spot which is a bit of a pain till it clears then will run sweet as, great on't motorway tho. Is the flat spot "off pipe" ?

just pondering, Dave
Old Lambretta's never die, they get tuned..................
Adspeed

I know feck all really but does this not sound lean?
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

what do us mere minions know about these things our only purpose in life is to nod in great appreciation of all the big numbers, :anbrgin;
muppet,
C’est la vie
rocho68
Dealer

Adspeed wrote:

As its my engine thats in the video ,i can definatly say its lean ........mean and lean lol ! , 300 miles isle of white there and back , wheelies in first ,second and third just goin through the gears , darrells now working on the barrel as we speak and dont forget ,theres no welding ! :lol:
joespeed

rocho68 wrote:
Adspeed wrote:

As its my engine thats in the video ,i can definatly say its lean ........mean and lean lol ! , 300 miles isle of white there and back , wheelies in first ,second and third just goin through the gears , darrells now working on the barrel as we speak and dont forget ,theres no welding ! :lol:

is that ther scoot that tested,pulled a three furrow plough up mount everest,couldn't keep the front wheel down!
joespeed

Adspeed wrote:

hi adam,are you all healed and ready to race again?
rocho68
Dealer

joespeed wrote:
rocho68 wrote:
Adspeed wrote:

is that ther scoot that tested,pulled a three furrow plough up mount everest,couldn't keep the front wheel down!
thats the one joe !
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

the video above is an old one of chris,s bike and engine a straight 225cc ,no welding did 37.9 on the run above using a 34mm carb that had a too small pilot jet in it(was biggest i had) and the last run it ran out of fuel :P
quite a few people test rode it like this ,some almost flipped it :biggrin: didnt they joe!

i leaned it off and played with settings and got 39.2 but never posted that graph as felt it wasnt realistic ,on safe jetting it did 37
As Rocho said he has it now and ran it to i.o.w but has now decided he wants his own twist on the motor so its back for its next stage of tuning work the 10 port 225

the ts1 245 that the post is about has been round a few rallys and just done the scunthorpe to brighton run, it turned out to be the most economical of all the scoots in the group
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information