TS1 245 38bhp / 26.14 ft.lbs

Post your Lambretta dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

tony wrote:And Charlie was getting what?
Not sure what you mean???
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

the ts1225 did 125 bmep
ts1 245 does 117 bmep
the rb252 does 137 bmep std rb250 does 90bmep

honda cr250 143 bmep with

the rs125 aprillia i tune do 170 bmep
the derbi 50 i tune do 170 bmep
the derbi 80 i tune do 161 bmep a drop as we go from near square on the 50cc to the big bore 80

all above done on my own dyno also did dks vespa falc ill have to check the bmep on it

had 4 scoots now on mine that have been on als at diablo that read within
1/2 bhp and 1/2 torque mine reads 1/2 higher bhp but 1/2 lower torque

also had dks gp4 that did 30 on replay dyno and 29.2 on mine think replay dyno is charlies old dyno?
i see some strange differences on dynapro my friends at hull reads very high,shiny reds reads very low,pm read high at 25 on there speedfight 95cc but 22 on dans mjp dyno same as mine ,and jb dynapro a little lower than als from the dyno comparison in scootering ,ive spent time comparing various dyno results where customers brought old graphs from other dynos and other than the odd dynapro result seem pretty comparable +- 1bhp
toms s-monza dyno graph reads almost same as s-monza dyno graph built at als and think a german vespa did the rounds last year dynoing on a few dyno,s and read very consistent +- 1 around the various dyno,s
i have noted the german p4 results are regularly high be it 50cc 125cc and auto scoots as well as classic scoot exhaust dyno graphs in the scooter center catalogue are all strong along with some current exhaust graphs on there site compared with say scootering exhaust article and my own tests
i do analyse quite a bit
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

What German Vespa was it mate because if its the one I think I had a hand in organising it run on one of the dynos. Figures varied a fair amount specially from the original German graph. Pm me whose it was. Cheers
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

not sure who,s forget the details other than was told the results on uk dyno,s werent far apart,can you tell us the differences seen at all tony quouting dyno manufacturers only eg dynapro/dynojet/mjp/p4/dynostar rather than who it belongs to? also if djchp was selected on the dynapro runs most people with dynapro run that to make them comparable
tony

I can actually post a direct comparison from your dyno to a dynojet if you are happy for me to do so mate?
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

if u could answer my first question please referance vespa dyno comparisons

moving on
id be happy for anything to be shown ive seen around 15 comparisons now and happy with results if 1 shows quite different then sure therell be a good reason , i believe in open and honest communication that way nothing bites u on the arse eg stories of i did this, i did that,think you know the script when we,ve spoke before, but i do like to analyse so include correction factors and barometric conditions plus details of time between runs and any known changes in between times as well as the software version and if cold case or heat soaked ,my old dyno was also a dynojet 250 with load cell and it is still in doncaster we sold it to "trax" a 4t motorcyle outfit a few years ago and he had it fully serviced and updated with latest software i chose to do a same day comparisons to check my new dyno was reading similar as 5 years of my data was collected on it and was within a 1/4 bhp so was quite pleased.
im quite content that my dyno reads very closely to diablo,s on 4 occasions now as his faired extremely well in the dyno comparison in scootering which showed it as a very average middle of the road reading machine,this is only of use for quick comparisons though and a dyno if it reads in oranges and measured 1000 oranges instead of 30 bhp would be more than good enough for me ,its a comparator of units of measure to allow changes to be monitored and its repeatability is paramount
tony

Re Vespa dyno comparisons I have a few. But the most recent from my bike was on Charlie's dynojet (run the day before)against al's. there was a gain of 2.7 hp. Not much.
I ran my old race motor on jb's and a dynojet and it read very similar. The same motor was run at psl and it was almost identical. Also on the day of the smallframe dyno shoot out run at diablos another Vespa dynoed the day before at Charlie's also gained circa 2.5.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

thats interesting so between the highest and lowest reading dyno results there was around 2.5bhp difference
was barometric inputs from a common barometric tool carried to every dyno to allow the operators to manually input the data,as it stands each dyno has a very basic probe that collects temp/humidity/pressure data and applies a correction factor that from dyno to dyno can change drastically
were all graphs same eg din / sae etc tye pressure /tyre loading seated/strapped?
tony

Pretty much Darrel. Just a point tho. Jetting was not changed as far as I recall. And conditions similar. So a reasonable test. I too have seen bikes run on p4s that read high. In fact there was a Vespa on here about a year ago that did not make what the p4 said. The discrepancy there maybe in what inertia figure they input. Or as can be the case the motor is simply run lean as this tends to hype the figures.
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

am I right in assuming that BMEP is a way of comparing the power produced in relation to the capacity? ie like a bhp/tonne comparison, but for engine power/capacity
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information