Super Monza

Post your Lambretta dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
steve chapman

the correction factor applied - 1.004 , hope this means something to you guys, steve
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

steve chapman wrote:the correction factor applied - 1.004 , hope this means something to you guys, steve
thats a positive reading figure that is due to the barometric readings not being favourable on the day but thats just how it goes some days
whats also to be considered is the correction used was it sae / din
cheers
either way steve you got a corker of a motor that many would love
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
steve chapman

thanks eden thats made a bit more sense
Diablo
Dealer

soulsurfer wrote:I guess Eden's is from Diablo's dyno, what dyno are the Rapido figures from and how would that compare to Diablo's, bearing in mind that the Performance tuning dyno reads considerably lower than Diablo's?

It would be helpful also to have the power figures alongside the torque figures for all so we can see the full picture.
Actually we have no comparisons between ours and Charleys new dyno . How much is considerably lower? His old one did read lower than ours when Tonys race bike was tested but hardly a scientific comparison.

I've just built No6 of the works kits for a customer who wishes to remain anonymous so sorry no dyno graphs or pictures-He's very specific about that.
What I can say is that our graphs are almost identical by the looks although we do have a peak HP of 31hp.
Early days of testing yet as the bike has only done 50 road miles.
Round town its not pleasant if i'm honest due to the nature of the power band. I think it jumps 10hp in less than a 1000rpm. Something like 10hp at 4500rpm and 20hp at 5250rpm. If your not in the right gear welcome to the parcel shelf of the car in front :D
soulsurfer

Hi Al, my TS1 with Franspeed Race read approx. 24bhp on his old dyno & 21bhp on his current equipment, so no, not scientific but a fair bit of difference.

What gearbox did you fit on the Super Monza?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
soulsurfer

eden wrote:How long between the two runs?
How much does charlie charge for a few power runs?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
You mean time or miles?

He uses the dyno to set up motors rather than just power runs, but you'd have to talk to him.
soulsurfer

You'd have to talk to him Eden, but there was probably less that 1000 miles between my runs
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Got any more details/photos of the...

"tuned rapido250 fran"

Looks great!

Adam
joespeed

Adam_Winstone wrote:Got any more details/photos of the...

"tuned rapido250 fran"

Looks great!

Adam
i wondered when someone would ask about this,i have noticed that dyno graph is s t r e t c h e d making this a low long spread of power/torque i'm no pc 'buff' but dyno print outs that i have had are not spread like this !
regards
joe
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

Darrell Taylor wrote:heres torque range soulsurfer
the idea of displaying power and torque range is so meaningful comparisons can be made, for example compared to a stock avanti(no blueprinting) you can quickly see that the avanti has good low rpm pull at 4 k having 3.5 more torque than the super monza but the sm holds 20+ tq between 6 and 8k before falling off so has excellent top end ,you can compare the motors in this format and see what pros and cons each may have and make a good guess of what gearing will work
ive added a few tuned examples for comparison too then would also be good to put a cost above each

torque figures

RPM............super monza 225.....avanti 225 fran.....tuned rapido 225 jl3.....tuned rapido250 fran...eden 240 fran

4k...................7...........................10.5.....................10..............................15............................13

5k...................8............................11.......................17.............................15............................15

6k..................20...........................15........................21..............................22...........................20

7k .................20.5........................17........................17...............................22..........................18.5

8k ................ 20...........................8........................13...............................18...........................16
--------------sm-20bhp-between-4000-5500----30bhp-between-5500-8000--as-said-on-camlam-site
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information